Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RFI: Low profile Glock sights

Site Supporter

RFI: Low profile Glock sights

Can you recommend Glock 3-dot sights with a rear sight that doesn’t go all the way to the back of the slide and doesn’t have a sharp edge?

My EDC G26 has Trijicon HD sights, which I like for shooting. The rear sight is very sharp, however, and it protrudes up and slightly out at the very back of the slide.

These features are hurting my shirts, and also seem to have a slight impact on concealment at 3 o’clock.

Ideally, I’d like to have a blacked out rear sight that just sits in the dovetail and doesn’t go further back. A yellow or green front sight would be a plus.

3 dots are a must (required by my employer).

Factory Glock night sights are an option, but they don’t have blacked out rears or colored fronts.

Thanks!

Site Supporter
    https://ameriglo.com/collections/groups/glock-sets

I suspect you can find something here. I confess I found your request a bit confusing as you stated you have to have "3 dots" as per your employer but you go on to say that you want a "blacked out rear." In my direct and vicarious experience, any rear can be blacked out with the judicious application of red and/or black sharpie.

FWIW

Edited to add- a few strokes with a file can round off the sharp outer edges of any sight. "Re bluing" of the sight edges can be accomplished by the aforementioned sharpies, "cold blue" etc.
    Last edited by vcdgrips; 01-02-2020 at 08:55 PM.

The ameriglo agent/Glock bold night sights (u notch rear vs square notch) or the ameriglo trooper sights (the bold sights with a mos compatible rear)

Jason
    Last edited by Ndbbm; 01-02-2020 at 09:16 PM.

Check out the Ameriglo Trooper sights if you can: don’t extend to the rear of the slide, three dot, blacked out rears. I can’t say if they corners are as sharp as HDs as I haven’t needed to buy new sights since the Troopers were released. The next time I do, I’ll try and snag a set.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    I confess I found your request a bit confusing as you stated you have to have "3 dots" as per your employer but you go on to say that you want a "blacked out rear."
    I could have been more clear; I meant rear tritium vials, but without any colored rings around the vials, giving a blacked-out look with enough ambient light.

Site Supporter
    Thanks, guys! The Trooper sights look good.

The Ameriglo Operator rear is what you're looking for. I don't like sights that hang out to the rear of the slide either.

https://ameriglo.com/collections/pro...operator-rears

Site Supporter
    Have you any insight on how to ensure that the height of a new rear sight will work with my current Trijicon HD front sight? I’m ok with either a “drive the dot” or “top of the front sight” sight picture.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    The Ameriglo Operator rear is what you're looking for. I don't like sights that hang out to the rear of the slide either.

https://ameriglo.com/collections/pro...operator-rears
    This is what I run and love them. They are also sometimes called "Ameriglo classic"

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    This is what I run and love them. They are also sometimes called "Ameriglo classic"

They're a little different. Same sights, the Classic has a thin white ring around the vials, the Operator just has vials.

The Classic is still made with yellow vials, I don't know why they discontinued the Operator in yellow.

User Tag List