Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Going all in - on Glocks

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    Why would you stipple a P10C? Those things were so frame rough you could use them as a wood file. Which I consider a feature.
    Their OEM texture on the front and back strap is adequate. The side texturing is not adequate where applied and it's not applied at all in places where it needs to be. I've since re-strippled over the dimples on the sides with a linear, diagonal pattern that opposes the pistol's rotational motion against the hands.

I stipple all polymer handguns.

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    I’ve seen this comment before on this forum and I always scratch my head when I see it. I live in a 10 round country and I exclusively shoot Glock OEM 10 round mags. I can say they are very reliable with everything I have run through them, though 99% of it has been ball range ammo and a large portion of that American Eagle 124g. I‘M not so sure about defensive type ammo as I’ve not shot more than a handful of boxes through my Glocks, but it was always reliable as well.
    Well, I had a Gen4 G19 with magazines that were not reliable at all.

Also, all of DOCGKR posts on here about extensive testing showing Glocks 10 round 19/17 size magazines to be less reliable than the full capacity magazines.

But some people have good luck with theirs and others don’t. But from my experience research there’s been too many issues to trust them. Like P320s, some people have issues and others don’t, but I don’t view them as reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by zpelletier View Post
    Well, I had a Gen4 G19 with magazines that were not reliable at all.

Also, all of DOCGKR posts on here about extensive testing showing Glocks 10 round 19/17 size magazines to be less reliable than the full capacity magazines.

But some people have good luck with theirs and others don’t. But from my experience research there’s been too many issues to trust them. Like P320s, some people have issues and others don’t, but I don’t view them as reliable.
    It's like Magpul's Glock Mags... Some people swear by them and some people swear at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I don't think I've shot anything but my Glock 19 or my glock 26 in probably three years.
    Like you, I've recently trended towards the G-26 as my exclusive sidearms. The matter is in the self-imposed 12 month proof of concept stage and I haven't quite sent the G-19s down the road yet, but they sense renewal of their contract is not as certain as it once was.

The move turned on the silliest thing: the Pearce Magazine Extension, which creates a place for the little finger to go. Prior to the Mag Ext my small finger would curl beneath the grip and pull the shot low. That no longer happens. My G-26 shoots fully as accurately as the G-19s, but benefits from a smaller overall footprint.

Here's a Mag Ext link:
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Once the concept is proven, if that's the way it turns out, I'll next talk to Tony about his pancake OWB I, built so the gun is carried extra high. Think of something like the Mitch Rosen "Upper Limit", but with the holster just a little higher, extending no lower than the bottom of the belt, and with a 20* cant to make the draw as smooth as possible.

"Upper Limit" link:
    https://mitchrosen.com/products/holsters/belt-holsters/

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    Like you, I've recently trended towards the G-26 as my exclusive sidearms. The matter is in the self-imposed 12 month proof of concept stage and I haven't quite sent the G-19s down the road yet, but they sense renewal of their contract is not as certain as it once was.

The move turned on the silliest thing: the Pearce Magazine Extension, which creates a place for the little finger to go. Prior to the Mag Ext my small finger would curl beneath the grip and pull the shot low. That no longer happens. My G-26 shoots fully as accurately as the G-19s, but benefits from a smaller overall footprint.

Here's a Mag Ext link:
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Once the concept is proven, if that's the way it turns out, I'll next talk to Tony about his pancake OWB I, built so the gun is carried extra high. Think of something like the Mitch Rosen "Upper Limit", but with the holster just a little higher, extending no lower than the bottom of the belt, and with a 20* cant to make the draw as smooth as possible.

"Upper Limit" link:
    I really like the OEM extensions. They give me more grip without really compromising concealablity.

I also have a dozen Magpul 12 round magazines. The only thing I don't like about them is they don't drop free. So they're for range use only.

I can't imagine ever selling my 19

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post

"Upper Limit" link:
    If it gets to that point, please start a thread detailing a holster. I'd be very interested in getting one.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Going all in - on Glocks

For those in ten round states who don’t like the Glock 26 for whatever reason, have you considered the newer 48 or 43X? Reliable 10 round mags and a full three finger grip in a slimmer package than the 19. The only negative is that they recoil slightly more than the double stack guns.

ETA: I’ve spent the last few years bouncing between wanting to consolidate and accepting that I love random guns. I remember listening to a P&S episode where Chuck Pressburg said something to the effect of “when I open my gun safe you don’t see a ton of random guns, a Beretta here, a CZ there, it looks more like an arms room. It’s Glock, Glock, Glock, AR, AR, AR.” I’m sort of there. I have five double stack 9mm Glocks if you count the MR918 as one. My only other handguns are an LTT Beretta 92 and a S&W DAO 64-5. A part of me still wants to sell the non-Glocks and buy ammo with the money. I haven’t shot the revolver in almost two years. A part of me would regret it but that would probably go away quickly. It would also be logical to get rid of my AUG because it’s not an AR but I really like it. That’s a gun I think I’d actually have seller’s remorse about if I got rid of it. I’m less sure about my 1301. I’ve never been a huge shotgun guy. I mostly own it because it feels like it would be wrong not to have a shotgun. Also it’s my only long gun that isn’t an evil, scary “assault weapon.”

Sometimes I feel like getting rid of almost all of my material possessions and living in a van. These conflicting feelings likely come from the fact that my dad was a hoarder and I absolutely hated it growing up. I inherently look at the idea of minimalism and consolidation as a positive because it’s the opposite of hoarding.
    Last edited by WobblyPossum; 01-04-2020 at 11:35 PM.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by zpelletier View Post
    Glock’s simplicity and reliability make it the best option for most people, but not everyone. I wanted to switch to just Glocks, however I live in a 10 round state. As far as I know Glock has yet to come out with a reliable 10 round magazine. So if I wanted to consolidate down to a single platform it unfortunately can’t be Glock (Maybe a VP9, idk I’m not crazy about M&P). But I do think focusing on a single platform makes the most sense. I don’t think the average person has enough time to spend learning multiple platforms and being as proficient with each as they would be if they just focused on one.
    Well, it could be Glock. 43X or 48 as others have mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    Why would you stipple a P10C?
    An anti-theft feature, maybe? ; )

Lway

Some of you hair-shirters are giving me the willies.

Don’t get me wrong, I have settled on 9mm Glocks and snub .38 revolvers for anything remotely close to serious, myself.

But life isn’t always serious. What can I say? If you don’t own a semi-auto .22LR rifle, as well as some sort of manual .22LR (bolt, lever, pump... especially a pump gun) then you are missing out. The most fun a body can have walking around in the woods plinking at anything and everything is not done with a Glock. JMO.

I shoot either a Glock or an LCR every trip to the range for drill, but I also shoot 40 rounds from a takedown 10/22 each trip too, just because (backpacker stock: 3 rotary mags in the stock, and one in the gun).
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List