Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Going all in - on Glocks

OP is in Canada where the SBR rules are quite different.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Well done. I’ve done similar with the collection of itty bitty single stack 9mm’s of which none I could shoot very well. It felt very liberating to let them all go.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I can't disagree with the logic. I just enjoy guns too dang much and end up with all sorts. I like to say I'm married to Glocks, but it's a hollywood hippy open marriage and they let me fool around with other guns because they know I'll always come back.

😂😂😂😂 Nailed me exactly.

Hammertime
    @Clobbersaurus good for you. Lots of respect and I would like to
    think I can do the same. Maybe someday.

Vending Machine Operator
    I have not yet matured enough to pare my collection down to one make, but I've made progress

1.) I've stopped buying cheap .40s (or really anything except 9 and 45)
    2.) I dedicate at least 80% of range time to carry guns
    3.) I solely use Glocks and M2.0s for serious home defense or carry, so I'm practicing with a uniform trigger system

Might not be much, but read my posts from like, 2016. I've come a ways. I think I'll always like collecting just a little too much to reach your standard, but I salute it.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 01-02-2020 at 10:44 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Good thread and I feel the same way. 14 years ago my dad gave me a Glock 27 when I graduated the police academy. Since then I have had 9 Glock’s. Currently still have 6. I have tried some other more expensive pistols (I don’t want to get into a make bashing convo) and reliability and simplicity does not match especially after going through GLOCK armory. I’m fond of my little Ruger lcp ll and very pleased with my new Springfield Hellcat but other then that, my issued model 23 gets the nod every day for plain clothes carry and I trust it with my life. That’s the most comfortable feeling in this gun game we play.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I am quite concerned about the wide variety of grip tape shapes you are using — don’t you think you should standardize on just one configuration?
    LOL - I wish. A few years ago I went to the local skater shop and bought a bunch of their heavy duty skate tape. It’s worked pretty well, but I recently found out that heating it with a hair dryer immediately after first adhesion makes it stay on much longer. Glock almost got the Gen 5 grip texture perfect, they just missed a critical spot, at least for me. The Gen 2’s are slippery as hell, so it gets the full treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    Yep. They're just stuff.
    Well, my Elite II was really hard to let go. I had instant sellers remorse, but the likelihood of me shooting it much was low, so off it went.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    Are one of these set up as your carry gun?
    I’m in Canada. No carry guns allowed here.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I like the way you think, Clobbersaurus.
    Yeah.... except...

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Glock probably is the answer I *should* accept.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Glock probably is the answer I *should* accept.
    I think I have. Mostly.

But I don’t think I’m going to sell *everything* else as a result. My Beretta is kind of a memento of my military service. My revolvers are pretty much to the collection I’ve always kind of wanted: all but two are DA S&W, and the two that aren’t are a Ruger Single Six and a Colt Navy clone.

But as far as training, carry, competitions, etc are concerned, we are now a Glock house.

User Tag List