Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Badge / Wallet

I've carried this one for almost 15 years:

https://store.strongbadgecase.com/de...n-badge-wallet

It feels really thick when you first set it up. My Ed Jones flat badge is fairly thin and the wallet and badge have basically bent to each other's shapes over time and it's now pretty thin.

I'm not badging everyone when I bust my wallet out, but creds are easy to get to when needed.

I'm required by policy to carry a badge if I carry a gun, a policy I agree with. Around here I want something making me more identifiable if I have to break a gun out.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    We had a guy that had a badge and chain tattooed on his chest and neck, WHILE he was working in a drug task force. He’s since left LE.

I would like to have a 15 minute conversation with that guy. Just to understand the person behind the act.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    We had a guy that had a badge and chain tattooed on his chest and neck, WHILE he was working in a drug task force. He’s since left LE.
    There was a Chief of a Department in the county where I work that had the dept initials, ala XXPD along with a design, tattooed on his back like a tramp stamp. As fate would have it, he had to leave LE after being convicted of a crime for a short stint in prison.
    Last edited by mark7; 01-05-2020 at 07:35 PM.
    "There are two ways to do most anything- right and again."

Quote Originally Posted by mark7 View Post
    There was a Chief of a Department in the county where I work that had the dept initials, ala XXPD along with a design, tattooed on his back like a tramp stamp. As fate would have it, he had to leave LE after being convicted of a crime for a short stint in prison.
    Ouch!
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mark7 View Post
    That's gonna leave a mark.....
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

I'm sure he was drawn to a life of crime. ;-)
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

I believe strongly in keeping things separated:

1. Police ID, health insurance card, and driver’s license together, in one slim holder, often on a neck chain.

2. Credit cards, one or two C-notes, and an expired driver’s license in another slim wallet.

3. Additional cash, and perhaps another CC or two, in a separate thin wallet, on occasion.

4. Badge, usually NOT carried while out and about, largely because it looked so cheap, and my official ID looked much more official, on its own. When it suited me, on rare occasions, I put the badge on its own leather holder, on a neck chain.

Much of the time, I only carried #1 and #2, above.

A big “amen” to those who have said an official radio is a better off-the-clock badge of office, than a badge. Now, in retirement, I wish I could get a ruggedized mobile phone that looks VERY MUCH like the Motorola radio I had been issued, by the PD’s radio shop.
    Last edited by Rex G; 01-06-2020 at 10:25 PM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List