Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Week 353: Five Second Standard

CZ P-07 ProGrade, JMCK AIWB 2.5 under heavy sweater and open coat. Yes it was cold today.

Passing scores through 15 yds and String1 at 25.
    Fail at 25 freestyle and SHO. Missed my grip on both freestyle and SHO runs. Cold hands will be my excuse :-).

Notes: even with all the clothes, the par time was very generous. Fail and stop drills add stress, so that’s good. I liked this drill.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    CZ P-07 ProGrade, JMCK AIWB 2.5 under heavy sweater and open coat. Yes it was cold today.

Passing scores through 15 yds and String1 at 25.
    Fail at 25 freestyle and SHO. Missed my grip on both freestyle and SHO runs. Cold hands will be my excuse :-).

Notes: even with all the clothes, the par time was very generous. Fail and stop drills add stress, so that’s good. I liked this drill.

I thought the par was pretty generous until I hit 25 lol. I am diggin' it too. It's fast and low round count and I thought I might make it a nice first thing cold test regularly to see what I'm walking around with on any given day.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I shot a few of these yesterday with three Glocks.

RTF2 G22
    7 yards - passed
    10 yards - passed
    15 yards - failed -1 FS and -1 SHO

G45
    7 yards - passed
    10 yards - passed
    15 yards - failed -1 SHO

then I broke the rules and skipped to 25 yards without passing 15 because it looked so good and the one C was a close one.

25 yards - failed -1 SHO and it was a close C just ~an inch out at 2:00. I considered it a victory of sorts.

G17
    Jumped straight to 15 yards cause I do what I want.

15 yards - failed with -1 SHO and it was a C at 12:00 just 1/4" out of cutting the Alpha perforations.

I was pretty stoked about this shooting. When all was said and done I had only used the upper 1/3 of the USPSA A zone.
    I really perceived that the target focused shooting removed concentrating on sight bars and just let me focus on a patient trigger press. @YVK
    Last edited by JHC; 01-20-2020 at 12:35 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Kept plugging away at this one. PX4CC in a JM Wing Claw 2.5 under a polo shirt.

7 yards:

Fail SHO
    Fail draw & SHO
    Fail draw
    Pass

10 yards: Fail draw & SHO.

Lots of fouled grips on this one. Hard to make myself take the time up close.

Tried again, but with a G19. Kramer belt scabbard under a blazer.

7 - FAIL SHO
    7 - PASS
    10 - PASS
    15 - FAIL. -4, pulling low. Don’t know which shots.

Hard time re-adapting to the Glock after several hundred rounds with the PX4.

The other variable - this is my first full day with contact lenses. Still getting the prescription dialed in. I can see the target much better but still need work on sight focus.

I made a run at this drill a few years ago with my pocket pistol (Ruger LCP).

As long as I was under the 5 sec par-time, I didn't bother recording any times. Start position for the holstered stages was hand on gun in the pocket. I made myself use ALL of the 5 seconds allowed as best that I could.

I managed to do fairly well until I got to the SHO only stage at the 25 yd line ….. then the wheels came off.

The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Gen5 G19 with Holosun 507c in Fricke OWB holster with Heavy fleece jacket concealment.

7 yards; Passed
    10 yards; Passed
    15 yards; Passed
    25 yards; Fail. 2 shots SHO far left. Those two shots were a combination of bad trigger pull and non zeroed optic. Just put that Holosun on and didn't realize you had to use a tool or small screwdriver to adjust it. Everything was going a little left. At 15 yards I could still use the big circle, at 25 I felt like I needed to use the center dot and the big circle distracted me a bit.

@41magfan-very nice shooting! You should run at it again, and see how it goes now.
    As for me, my normal setup of Gen5/19MOS w/ACRO and TLR7A mounted, out of a Tenicor ARX LUX OWB holster.
    Ammo was department training Win. 147gr. fmjfp. All this concealed under a fleece vest. Lit indoor range...

7 yards=pass. 10 yards=pass. 15 yards=fail; 1 shot SHO just out at about 3 o’clock. Dry fire with the shooting hand, bud...
    I noted I had over a second to a second and a half on all strings, so, for me, this is again a trigger drill-at least for 15 yards.

User Tag List