Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Federal Ammo with Polymer-Coated Hard Cast Lead Bullets

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    My guess is that it's due to the anticipated low production volume. I'd love to find out where they're getting the 240-grain .45s.
    I'd guess it's due to high profit margin.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Big deal.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

I'm pleased to see the 180 grain .357 offering as we'll be taking our first foray into places where grizzlies live since we had the kiddo.

I can duplicate that with hand loads, or carry an equivalent loading from a boutique maker, but I prefer to use a major ammo manufacture for my totin' ammo.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Looks just like the old Federal Nyclad coating.

Looking forward to seeing full specs and trying these. Coated 200gr SWC handloads in 45 acp feed reliably in my USP, so there's a chance... and the heavy 45 bullet weight is really interesting.

In California I'm pretty much limited to non-lead these days for backcountry use, could be useful for anything over the border though.

User Tag List