Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Federal Ammo with Polymer-Coated Hard Cast Lead Bullets

New Federal Ammo with Polymer-Coated Hard Cast Lead Bullets

Semper Paratus,

Steve

Seems possible useful for @GJM and his bear defense carry.
    #RESIST

Very interesting — they available for sale yet?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Interesting, though I'll probably be inclined to load my own. Wonder what all the bullet profiles will end up looking like...

At risk of sounding like a parrot, interesting! Will probably take awhile to see some test/chrono results.

@GJM .45 or 10mm?

I'm excited about these, as coming from a "mainstream" manufacturer like federal they probably won't be loaded to stupid velocities like the boutique stuff.

I'm hoping for the 10mm 200gr to have a decent ogive profile, at a modest 1100 fps tops.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Mostly, I am interested in whether this ammo feeds reliably. The issue with hard cast loads has not been do they penetrate, the issue has been will they feed in a service pistol.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I guess I didn't do a good job in my post, but that's why I'm hoping the projectile profile is conducive to good feeding and slide speeds stay at reasonable levels.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Why such a high price? There is nothing especially expensive about hard cast or polymer coating. This some round could likely be duplicated by hand loaders very easily.
    Taking a break from social media.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Why such a high price? There is nothing especially expensive about hard cast or polymer coating. This some round could likely be duplicated by hand loaders very easily.
    My guess is that it's due to the anticipated low production volume. I'd love to find out where they're getting the 240-grain .45s.

User Tag List