Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Our big, fun Iraq discussion thread

I think it's fair to view these events with a reasonable amount of skepticism. Especially for those who have skin in the game, past and present.

That said, if we're in it, let's win it.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
    Why don't you think that this hasn't been done?
    Because Trump strikes me as having the impulse control of a toddler on meth.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    While I "liked" your previous comment, you do realize that Trump doesn't draw up the plans, right? A team of war planners in each combatant command draw up plans to match political objectives, which are presented up the chain ultimately being given as options.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

We’ve been “at war” with Iran since the Islamic Revolution of 1979.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    But your post said:

I would feel better if I had any confidence that our side had wargamed out what happens next: Get a bunch of good military analysts who specialize in Iran to think about what they would do in response. But I have little doubt that happened.
    Why don't you think the people in bold above did their homework? Don't you think we have good military analysts, independent of who is president? If your beef is with the person at the top who makes the decision, fine, but I think you're off base saying that this hasn't been wargamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    We’ve been “at war” with Iran since the Islamic Revolution of 1979.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Iran knows this. Many Americans do not.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    I knew who this guy was before yesterday, so I’m glad he’s gone now.

But Trump warned on ten separate occasions, that Obama might start a war with Iran before the election so he’d get a boost in the polls. That’s pretty hard for me to get past given the domestic news cycles lately.
    I would have thought that most people had stopped paying attention to what Trump says but obviously there are still a few left.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    I knew who this guy was before yesterday, so I’m glad he’s gone now.

But Trump warned on ten separate occasions, that Obama might start a war with Iran before the election so he’d get a boost in the polls. That’s pretty hard for me to get past given the domestic news cycles lately.
    I can understand that. Me, I tend to give a bit of a pass to what people say when they are running for President, compared to what they say after they take the oath and start getting daily briefings from our Intel services. I think they get educated as to the "real world" fairly rapidly, so their opinions and perspective can change.

It's also why I tend to discount most talking heads and common taters and so called "analysts" blathering on the news about this or that. Unless they are getting the intel take, they have no freaking clue as to what is actually happening on the ground.

The guys that do? Well they are the ones stacking bodies. They tend not to talk a lot. I am glad they work for us.

Having said all that, is peace better than war...for sure. Was sending a JDAM up this assholes butt a good idea...? Yep, probably. By all accounts he needed to be dead. Exactly what he was up to in terms of the future...well unless you hold a clearance and need to know, you'll have to trust our intelligence services got it right.

We'll have to see where this goes from here.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog Guy View Post
    https://www.foxnews.com/
    Reports of a rocket strike on Baghdad International Airport killing the head of Iran's Quds force and several others. The story states "katyusha rockets", no claim of responsibility yet. Whether it was us or not, the locals are going to get really spooled up over it.

Edit: Reuters says US airstrike. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-i...-idUSKBN1Z11K8 and quotes "U.S. officials told Reuters that strikes had been carried out against two targets linked to Iran in Baghdad."
    Name:  7EB93502-B924-4E1E-AEA0-5E7987042205.jpeg
Views: 502
Size:  40.3 KB

Plenty more pearls to be clutched...if Twitter can be believed, Qais Khazali may no longer be among the living. I'm looking for a legit link...

User Tag List