Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 LastLast

Thread: Our big, fun Iraq discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post

“Machines don't fight wars.... You must get into the minds of humans. That's where the battles are won.”
    -Col. John Boyd, USAF.
    Stop dropping names. I have actually met John Boyd when I took a class from him, and his colleagues who came up with energy-maneuverability theory with Boyd was my boss for 15 years. He reviewed everything I wrote, and I've had Air Force and Army generals and Navy admirals review my papers. I have spent much of my career in these kinds of circles.

I hate getting into d!ck measuring contests, but it's an insult for you to quote John Boyd.

@trailrunner...

You have my respect.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Now Drudge is reporting that the letter was a draft that went out by mistake.
    Drudge is gross. http://rantingly.com and http://bonginoreport.com are mo’ betta’.
    #RESIST

This is why you have lawyers draft the letters...so it's unintelligible.

To the party of the first part, hereinafter referred to as he who must not be named, and the party of the second part...
    Last edited by blues; 01-06-2020 at 05:39 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
    Stop dropping names. I have actually met John Boyd when I took a class from him, and his colleagues who came up with energy-maneuverability theory with Boyd was my boss for 15 years. He reviewed everything I wrote, and I've had Air Force and Army generals and Navy admirals review my papers. I have spent much of my career in these kinds of circles.

I hate getting into d!ck measuring contests, but it's an insult for you to quote John Boyd.
    Edit- response taken to PM
    Last edited by GardoneVT; 01-06-2020 at 05:50 PM.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    This is why you have lawyers draft the letters...so it's unintelligible.

To the party of the first part, hereinafter referred to as he who must not be named, and the party of the second part...
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-męme, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Trump probably asked them to order us out so we could extricate ourselves from that quagmire without losing face.
    It also serves as proof they bear responsibility, good or bad for what happens next.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    WWI - more a set of Imperial white man's burden and an idiot kaiser (Hmmm?). Total miscalculation on everyone's part. Racism and imperialism for the victors in the Middle East and Asia. Despite babbling about all those good values, they told, for example, Ho to kiss off for Viet Nam (and we know how that worked out).
    WWI--.32ACP bullet(s) in the right/wrong place

One .32 ACP helped bring a close to the fighting in Europe in WWII as well.

Shot placement: important for world history as well as self-defense.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    My evaluation is that despite what actions you call serious resistance, Lee spoke against it, the states stayed part of the Union, the slaves stayed free. Thus, the resistance didn’t accomplish anything as far as the result. You may claim the Jim Crow actions were successful resistance but I will pass on that analysis. Similarly for Germany and Japan whatever one calls serious resistance, the Nazi state was done as was the Imperial military in Japan. By the 50’s both were integrated back into normal international society.

They didn’t fall apart as Iraq did.
    Yeah the hardcorp "resistance" kicked in post-Reconstruction with coups ousting elected state governments (like what happened in North Carolina) , putting up Confederate monuments everywhere to warn black folks voting would no longer be tolerated from them....all the way up to razing/bombing areas dominated by black-owned businesses in the early 20th century, with Klansmen as stormtroopers to keep the status quo holy.

You know what Shakespeare said about revenge...a dish best served cold.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Just curious, is there any chance anyone in this thread is going to change their mind about anything? This might not be a road worth traveling.

User Tag List