Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger-57. No Longer Just Internet Rumor

I suspect that they came in a bit high on the price. If street prices were in the fours, I think they'd sell for a while. At high-fives to low-sixes, it may be more of a stretch for its intended customer. I am not the intended customer, so I could be wrong.

I'm almost always happy to see new guns coming out, so, good for them. Hope they sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Not going to lie. I have some doubts about this gun. I think it'll sell well for about six months until all the 5.7 fanboys have one. Then after that it'll be on closeout at CDNN.

I hope I'm wrong. But there's a limited market for something like this...
    I agree about the limited market, mostly due to the ammo being scarce and Ruger not having the cachet of FN. I had one of the original FN IOM models and sold it due to ammo becoming scarce and expensive after Sandy Hook and someone willing to pay an absurd price to take it off my hands. I am not going to be an early adopter of the Ruger-57, but a deal on CDNN would likely see me dinging my credit card.

Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    How's the accuracy?
    I'll get some more formal stuff done ASAP. But I have no problems hitting a B/C zone steel plate at 50 yards.

$799 MSRP? What is Ruger smoking? $599 with a street price of around 5 will sell a ton.

Formal review:

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...ger-57-pistol/

Note the testing of the new Speer Gold Dot load. That's pretty cool.
    Last edited by Tokarev; 12-31-2019 at 01:48 PM.

How is muzzle blast? Threaded barrel availability?
    #RESIST

Now that the gun is officially out I'll have to take it to a local shop and have him make me a kydex holster. I didn't want to do it earlier over concerns he might leak a photo. But my concerns were without merit. This has probably been one of the worst top secret pistol launches in recent memory. Even the Glock 44 announcement was kept under better wraps.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    How is muzzle blast? Threaded barrel availability?
    There are a few accessories up on the Shop Ruger page. No barrels yet although I believe one's coming. Same with the extended floor plate and/or 30rd mag.

Muzzle blast is fine. Loud but really not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    What are your questions?
    Do your friends at Ruger listen to you? If so, there are a lot of guns I would like Ruger to make.

About the 57, I think you're right about popularity and sales. The LCP will sell far more than the 57.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

5 and under I’ll buy the 57 Yeet cannon. Over 5, pfffffffff... I’ll just buy another FN 57 with the well planned lever safety and park both next to my PS90 for even more glamorous pics to post on Instagram as I larp around my house and await the fire sale at Centerfire Systems for the low price of $399.

User Tag List