Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger-57. No Longer Just Internet Rumor

Disassembly is simple. The slide latch is pushed to the right until it stops. Magazine base plate works fine as a tool.

The lock is then rotated down and the slide comes off. Reassemble in reverse order.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 12-31-2019 at 12:34 PM.

Site Supporter
    Sneaky post! I like it.

What is your thought on the manual safety? It looks good.

Hammer fired. Based on LCP and Security 9.

Last edited by Tokarev; 12-31-2019 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Why?
    I have a reloading press or three, have been putting off a PMR-30, and melons on the 50 yard berm aren't going to 'splode themselves. Here's hoping a buddy scores one first so I can play with it as the .22 LCP II and moonclip-fed .380 Taurus snub are #1 & 2 on the acquisitions list.

Mag well should have been flared. At least a little.

Thanks for the mini-review. My questions: 1) What makes the Ruger-57 feel/seem not duty-worthy? Ruger is known for making tough-as-nails guns at affordable prices due to modern manufacturing and for standing behind said guns (as opposed to FN who seems to shy away from support). 2) Is the grip frame suitable for those of us with short fingers?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Sneaky post! I like it.

What is your thought on the manual safety? It looks good.
    Decent size. Positive activation and deactivation. I do wish it sat at a slight upward angle just to sort of keep my thumb away from the slide release.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Thanks for the mini-review. My questions: 1) What makes the Ruger-57 feel/seem not duty-worthy? Ruger is known for making tough-as-nails guns at affordable prices due to modern manufacturing and for standing behind said guns (as opposed to FN who seems to shy away from support). 2) Is the grip frame suitable for those of us with short fingers?
    Just a general impression I have. I'm sure the gun is plenty durable. But the red dot plate is an afterthought. Just some stuff like that that could have been fixed during testing. Same with the mag well. Plus the safety levers feel somewhat flimsy.

Grip is long and narrow. Just the nature of the beast. I don't know how people with smaller hands will like the gun. But if the Five seveN isn't too big you'll like the Ruger.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    A Ruger 5.7 pistol about 25 years after the extremely short lived, and very shallow heyday of the 5.7.

Why?
    Not going to lie. I have some doubts about this gun. I think it'll sell well for about six months until all the 5.7 fanboys have one. Then after that it'll be on closeout at CDNN.

My thoughts on firearms in general; to be successful the gun needs to have a practical purpose. Hunting or defense, etc. If not either of those it needs to be cheap to shoot. The 5.7 is not really either of those. I hope I'm wrong. But there's a limited market for something like this...
    Last edited by Tokarev; 12-31-2019 at 12:55 PM.

How's the accuracy?

User Tag List