Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Ruger-57. No Longer Just Internet Rumor

Hearing Ruger "fifty-seven" sounds funny:

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Hearing Ruger "fifty-seven" sounds funny:

I think Ruger's preference is that the pistol be called the "five seven." The other way sounds too much like a condiment.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I think Ruger's preference is that the pistol be called the "five seven." The other way sounds too much like a condiment.
    I'm sure they would, but they can't officially call it the five seven without running afoul of FN's trademark...

So anyone jumping on the 5.7 bandwagon or has this new pistol already dropped into obscurity?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    So anyone jumping on the 5.7 bandwagon or has this new pistol already dropped into obscurity?

Still strong interest in my area. People continually ask for them. I have a list of folks wanting them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there any consensus yet on whether the Ruger chamber design requires lacquered cases? If not this might make reloading easier for experienced reloaders since it would eliminate the care that must be taken to preserve the coating and allow one to tumble cases in media.

Some info on the Speer offering and sort of a general state of affairs for the 5.7 cartridge:

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...-fn-cartridge/

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Even if I were interested in toting a centerfire .22 magnum, I live in a ban state. Carrying a gun that starts out half-empty isn't appealing.

So if the round expands well, it's going to expand to the diameter of a .32 or a .38 wadcutter?

For fun, I'll quote Ivan Chesnokov:
    Main point of selling Belgian five seven pistol is extreme price of weapon and cartridge.

Belgian five seven is weapon of man who wears expensive Italian fascist suit of hand sewing, drive huge expensive Nazi Mercedes of a.m.g. shop, sail on massive yacht to Greek islands. I think you get picture. Belgian five seven is weapon that says is no such thing as concern of money.

For man without expensive suit, big black Mercedes, and massive yacht, Belgian five seven is for pretending of be rich like black gangster of American city with gold chains of low quality and jewels of colored glass. When you explain use of Belgian five seven pistol is only for shoot man with bullet vest with cartridge illegal to civilian, this man has nuclear rage. Whole identity of this man is spent in pretend pistol shows he is rich. Is very amuse.

For rest of world there is 9 millimeters of Luger which is same wound for cost less.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Even if I were interested in toting a centerfire .22 magnum, I live in a ban state. Carrying a gun that starts out half-empty isn't appealing.

So if the round expands well, it's going to expand to the diameter of a .32 or a .38 wadcutter?

For fun, I'll quote Ivan Chesnokov:
    This thread, gun, and caliber is not for the poor or oppressed.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    This thread, gun, and caliber is not for the poor or oppressed.
    So why not the .22 TCM?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List