Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger-57. No Longer Just Internet Rumor

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I stand by my description of the Ruger and how it operates. There is no cam nor locking lug on the barrel nor does it lock into the slide as is commonly referred to as the Browning system.
    Although there's no cam on it, a locking lug is of course present on barrels of FiveSeveN and Ruger-57. The cam surface is on the lever in the slide.

Anyone who faults you for the faithful transmission of Ruger's corporate communication ought to apologize. That said, it's far from the first time the manufacturer posts something incorrect or misleading in regards to the operation of their firearm. Look no further than LWRC's SMG-45, which they describe as "short-recoil delayed blowback". No lesser authority than Ian MacCollum described Benelli B76 as intertial locking system -- according to the wording of the actual patent, no less -- when in reality it is a delayed blowback.

People discussing the FN and Ruger ought to ask themselves: what does the lever with cam surfaces actually does in the frame of the pistol? Why is it included in the design?
    Last edited by zaitcev; 01-22-2020 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    Although there's no cam, a locking lug is of course present on barrels of FiveSeveN and Ruger-57.

People discussing the FN and Ruger ought to ask themselves: what does the lever with cam surfaces actually does in the frame of the pistol? Why is it included in the design?
    I note in my earlier pics/posts that there's a toggle in the frame.

Again; I am referring to the traditional recoil operating system with regard to a barrel cam and/or locking lugs.

Also, to clarify, I'm not repeating any of Ruger's official corporate communication or company line etc. Ruger loaned me the gun because they are excited about it and wanted me to see it. Nothing more. I was (still am) under no obligation to post pics or anything else about the gun as part of the loan.
    Last edited by Tokarev; 01-22-2020 at 04:55 PM.

Speer Gold Dot 5.7.

Attachment 47610
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Speer Gold Dot 5.7.

Attachment 47610
    Did they put out any specs on performance?

All I've been able to find online so far is very generic marketing type material.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post

All I've been able to find online so far is very generic marketing type material.
    You saw the initial velocity and accuracy stats as part of the American Rifleman review of the R57?

From what I've read, the ammo should be shipping in March. This reminds me that I need to buy some more gel.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post

AR article showed the Gold Dot 1790 FPS at 15'. Scroll to the end:
    https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...ger-57-pistol/

No gel tests that I've found.

Quote Originally Posted by Tod-13 View Post
    AR article showed the Gold Dot 1790 FPS at 15'. Scroll to the end:
    https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...ger-57-pistol/

No gel tests that I've found.
    Yeah it's the gel tests I'm interested in seeing. Figured they'd have that out since the above picture shows what recovered bullets look like

cc

Talked to a Speer guy at SHOT today.

-They did not know if they are using FN brass, or their own brass, and if the brass is lacquered

-They confirmed that the Gold Dot does not work in the PS90 magazine. He believes its something to do with the profile of the bullet, which is shorter and stubbier then a regular 5.7 Spitzer. Similar to how some .300 blk bullets won't work in a 5.56 mag.

-5.7 Gold Dot does work in Ruger, FN Five Seven, CMMG Banshee, and Diamondback.

-Said the 5.7 Gold Dot makes it around 15" in Ballistic Gel

Not the Ruger, but there was a very nice aftermarket red dot mount for the FN MK2 Five Seven (alas, I have the MK1.)

Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    Talked to a Speer guy at SHOT today.

-They confirmed that the Gold Dot does not work in the PS90 magazine.
    Well, darn.

https://images.app.goo.gl/3MS7XjubjWjVQ1kS9

User Tag List