Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger-57. No Longer Just Internet Rumor

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    Tim Kennedy carries a 5.7 because it’ll go through cars and fires a 40-grain rifle round at 3000 fps out of a pistol. [emoji849]

https://youtu.be/i8EFX6CJPTY
    What better side arm for jumping the shark ?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Another thing to comment on. The gun is a "chassis" gun. Not as quick to pop the grip frame off as a 320 but the idea is there. Unfortunately Ruger has no current plans for grip modules.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    If they want to be the future, they need and optics ready version.

I pretty sure this is the optics ready model.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    "The Ruger-57 shipped with a holster as well as an adapter plate for a Vortex red dot sight." From the Firearms Blog review. It doesn't use an MOS type system, but it does have optics capability out of the box.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    "The Ruger-57 shipped with a holster as well as an adapter plate for a Vortex red dot sight." From the Firearms Blog review. It doesn't use an MOS type system, but it does have optics capability out of the box.
    Dovetail Mount ?

No, its drilled and tapped for an adapter plate just in front of the rear sight, it is just not inset into the slide like with other optics ready systems. It shows it in one of the reviews Tokarev linked earlier in the thread.

Dovetail Mount ?
    Here, this review Tokarev shared.

https://www.realguns.com/articles/1159.htm

The red dot mount goes here where these two screws are. Part of my comment about the gun not really being made for duty.

It seems to me that the gun was already 95% done when someone decided it needed a red dot mount. Rather than retool and revamp they decided to take a shortcut.

Now, if a red dot is used, it will sit way higher than it needs to. Likely will make finding sights that are high enough to use with a dot difficult.

In my opinion the gun should have used a recessed plate even if that meant taking the rear sight off as with the M17. And/or the gun should have been cut for Glock sights to make sourcing suppressor sights that much easier.

Be mindful of flying trigger bar when taking chassis out of grip. Oops!

No harm done. Pistol is now back together....

Optics ready is a nice feature but the vast majority of pistol shooters don't put optics on their handguns.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    Optics ready is a nice feature but the vast majority of pistol shooters don't put optics on their handguns.
    Not yet. But it is becoming more and more of a thing.

Would it really have killed Ruger to do it right and design a real mount into the slide?

On a related subject; one of the pitfalls of the blowback design is sensitivity to slide mass. Will the R57 function properly with some of the heavier dots on the market?

User Tag List