Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Ruger-57. No Longer Just Internet Rumor

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    This thread, gun, and caliber is not for the poor or oppressed.
    Or those possessing a modicum of good sense.

Name:  FiveSeveN.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  80.7 KB
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

5.7 is really only interesting to me with ballistic tip ammo as a lightweight, long range toy.

Gold Dot offering should be a hit for the handful of people wanting short range, shallow cavity, deep-ish penetration mini version of a duty round.

It will have a poor b.c. like similar hollow points. Looking at clothing and bare gel expansion, not likely to expand much if any past 40yds when velocity is already down in the 1500's. Maybe somebody's idea of a 22 hog round lol

Would be more successful if they put a tip on it to raise b.c. and help initiate expansion + make it soft enough to actually take advantage of being bonded. As is, it makes about as much sense as subsonic 9, 40, 45 being bonded.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    So why not the .22 TCM?
    Because the market has made it's choice, making the TCM the 41 Action Express of this particular cartridge battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Or those possessing a modicum of good sense.

Name:  FiveSeveN.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  80.7 KB
    Why must we only like what you like?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    Why must we only like what you like?
    You credit me with too much power.

Beyond that, snarking over Euro-pellet guns is a long-standing American tradition.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Plus, in realm of centerfire .22 mags, I suspect Stephanie, as a lady of good taste, would prefer a S&W 53.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Plus, in realm of centerfire .22 mags, I suspect Stephanie, as a lady of good taste, would prefer a S&W 53.
    Yeah, the 53 should be New England legal. Connecticut is so small I don't think there is enough room to shoot the 5.7 so the 22 Jet with it's reduced velocity might be the more common sense choice.
    Last edited by Nightvisionary; 02-18-2020 at 02:02 AM.

Site Supporter
    I thought the 53 was a flop and didn't run because of the cartridge configuration isn't wheel gun friendly. Just stating the obvious. What about those reports that the Kel-tec 22 mag is so popular? The one I saw at matches couldn't get through a stage without a jam.

This daddy's 22 mag was an NAA mini - loudest damn gun and flash. Scared the crap out of me at the indoor range between the walls of lane. No, it wasn't a primary - it was a just because gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I thought the 53 was a flop and didn't run because of the cartridge configuration isn't wheel gun friendly. Just stating the obvious. What about those reports that the Kel-tec 22 mag is so popular? The one I saw at matches couldn't get through a stage without a jam.

This daddy's 22 mag was an NAA mini - loudest damn gun and flash. Scared the crap out of me at the indoor range between the walls of lane. No, it wasn't a primary - it was a just because gun.
    Against my better judgement after my previous experience I have had a Kel-Tec PMR for a couple years now. I have done all the usual Kel Tec fluff and buff tricks, performed the magazine fix, tried every brand of ammo under the sun. It will occassionally get through a full magazine without a malfunction. It is fun to shoot and has a great trigger so I will probably never sell it. Maybe Stephanie B is right and I should just save my money and stick with the KelTec PMR. After all I kind of did the same thing when I purchased my 357 Colt Trooper when I already owned a Ruger 38 Special LCR. They are both the same caliber and make the same sized holes as 45 ACP FMJ when they expand. The 357 Magnum is really just an expensive 38 Special for guys with money to burn.

I had a NAA Black Widow 22 Mag for a while. I traded it but would definitely buy another.
    Last edited by Nightvisionary; 02-18-2020 at 03:50 PM.

There's an idea for Ruger- a revolver in 5.7.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List