Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger-57. No Longer Just Internet Rumor

Ruger-57. No Longer Just Internet Rumor

https://ruger.com/micros/57/

I have had this gun about a month but was sworn to secrecy by my friends at Ruger.

I haven't put a ton of rounds through the gun. Frankly I haven't been able to find much ammo locally. I've only been able to find a box of the AE stuff. But I have been able to handload some for it. Not disclosing my load data but I'm using Lyman and Accurate data with a 40gr bullet.

The gun shoots flat. Really no recoil to speak of. The trigger is good and measures around six pounds. Ergos are good too. Overall it should be a fun and useful pistol.

Down sides? It doesn't feel "duty worthy." It is based off the LCP and Security 9 and feels somewhat budget conscious. There isn't really anything outright wrong with the gun but I don't think it'll cut into FN's sales much. More of a hobby gun rather than a military piece.

I'd like to see a slight bevel to the mag well. It would also be nice to have more of a milled-in base for a red dot. One will be available but it is a bolt-on deal that sits above the slide.

What are your questions?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 12-31-2019 at 11:43 AM.

Lots of good info here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ous3RprumzQ

I am excited about this one and will be curious to see what FN does in response.

What is your overall impression of the gun? Do you have a FN to compare it with?

Very jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by ECVMatt View Post
    Lots of good info here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ous3RprumzQ

I am excited about this one and will be curious to see what FN does in response.

What is your overall impression of the gun? Do you have a FN to compare it with?

Very jealous.
    I have not messed with a Five seveN in probably a decade so I can only go off memory. The Ruger grip is smaller and shorter due to the smaller overall magazine. Controls are easy to work--specifically the safety. 1911 style not the oddball FN safety.

I didn’t see that one coming!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Size of the gun is fairly large. And of course the grip is long and skinny based on what it is chambered for.

Last edited by Tokarev; 12-31-2019 at 12:31 PM.

Mags are relatively small.

Last edited by Tokarev; 12-31-2019 at 12:31 PM.

A red dot plate can be attached here. Ruger will have a couple different mounts available.

Sights appear to be Novak cut although I believe a standard Novak rear would overhang.

Last edited by Tokarev; 12-31-2019 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    What are your questions?
    A Ruger 5.7 pistol about 25 years after the extremely short lived, and very shallow heyday of the 5.7.

Why?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

The gun is blowback but with a toggle affair that cams down in recoil. Barrel and slide travel backwards together a short distance. There is no cam and/or locking block on the barrel.

Last edited by Tokarev; 12-31-2019 at 12:32 PM.

Site Supporter
    Is it similar to the security 9 in size?

What kind of accuracy are you seeing?

Are there sight options?

Don't suppose it is cut for a red dot?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

ETA you answered most of these as I was posting. Thanks!
    Last edited by Whirlwind06; 12-31-2019 at 12:22 PM.

User Tag List