Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Weight Loss Challenge Thread

178.6, up 5 pounds from a couple weeks ago. I’m a lot slimmer so I’ll chalk it up to creatine and several good leg days. The easy weight is definitely off. Goal is 165.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    153.5 - 21%

Goal - 145 - 15%

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I'm fucking off for the holidays and am not ashamed in the least bit. I'll get back to it on Jan 4 and stay strict until Bataan.
    I did that more or less, too, for a large part of December. Not completely throwing all caution to the wind, but at least on certain days. Now it's time to work on not having the days of willfully blowing past my numbers for caloric intake. And eat more meat, keeping up on protein intake seems to help a lot.

2019 was a year of 263 to 202.
    202 to 196 shouldn't be too hard. I'd even take going to 180, but I don't know that I'm motivated enough to go that far.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    01JAN2020 weigh in after crap food for a while - so, here we go. Minimum goal is 185 pounds and 15% body fat by mid/late summer, weekly weigh in

201.2lb
    23.3% body fat

16.2 pounds and 8.3% body fat to loose
    You can do it, Jeep!
    At the start of last year, I was 2.4 lbs less than you (198.6), and I set a similar goal. I made 185 so quickly (beginning of March), that I had to keep revising my target.
    My method:
    Consume only BMR (about 1750 cal) + actual calories burned during exercise
    Intermittent fasting (essentially skip breakfast most days, coffee only until 1100
    Exercise for 1 hr or 600 cal 5 days a week.

I used the MyFitnessPal app to track the calories consumed, exercise, and weight. It has a great database for calories per serving for every food I tried. Can even scan the barcode using my iPhone and get nutritional info per serving. The app is free, and I never used the “premium” membership option.
    Attachment 46583

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    You can do it, Jeep!
    At the start of last year, I was 2.4 lbs less than you (198.6), and I set a similar goal. I made 185 so quickly (beginning of March), that I had to keep revising my target.
    My method:
    Consume only BMR (about 1750 cal) + actual calories burned during exercise
    Intermittent fasting (essentially skip breakfast most days, coffee only until 1100
    Exercise for 1 hr or 600 cal 5 days a week.

I used the MyFitnessPal app to track the calories consumed, exercise, and weight. It has a great database for calories per serving for every food I tried. Can even scan the barcode using my iPhone and get nutritional info per serving. The app is free, and I never used the “premium” membership option.
    Attachment 46583

Thanks for the encouragement. I’ve never counted calories and just logged my first meals a few minutes before you posted using the app - the barcode was handy!

I’ve been 165 during basic training and 250 during some craaaaaaap times active duty, and food really was the culprit on the weight gain there. Once I hit 180 I’ll drop it to 170 and probably maintain. When we start to get hot and heavy at work I doubt the weight will stay down due to some muscle gains, and that’s fine - just as long as the waist stays similar

Site Supporter

2020 Weight Loss Challenge Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I lost 50 pounds the last three months of 2018 and have kept it off since then.

Attachment 46548

In my experience, people are generally more capable then they are willing to let themselves believe (except when it comes to making excuses, then they are truly world class).

FWIW, my post was meant as encouragement. Some people need to be coddled. I wasn’t talking to those people.

If my post “offended” anyone, good. Maybe the completely self-fabricated "scorn" of some internet rando will be exactly what they need to finally stop shoveling garbage down their gullet. Or not.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled kumbaya/internet group hug session.
    Well said. Even when recently being provided with months of access to mostly unhealthy free food, I dropped body fat (11% to 9%, if memory serves). Don’t cost yourself short and long-term quality of life for a few moments of mouth pleasure. It’s a bad deal.
    Last edited by Le Français; 01-01-2020 at 05:38 PM.

Site Supporter
    I'm in. My new project at work has been sabotaging work out time and my waistline reflects it.
    Current weight is 222 lbs at 13% (or so) body fat.
    Goal is <200 lbs by September.
    New Peloton gets delivered Saturday.
    Considering giving up beer but I have a fridge full of it left over from a Christmas party.

Trying not to lose anymore in 2020
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

I’m in. Last year was not a good year for me. Broken leg then broken elbow and torn tricep tendon. Need to kick this shit in gear again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List