Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Weight Loss Challenge Thread

2020 Weight Loss Challenge Thread

Ok let's do this.

Continuing from last year:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ghlight=weight

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    At the risk of sounding like an ass (because, you know, I probably am one), and directed at no one in particular, if you find yourself posting in the now third annual PF weight loss challenge thread and you aren’t losing weight or achieving/maintaining your goals, it’s time to stop dicking around and get it done. Just do it.

You’re going to be hungry and/or tired and/or stressed and/or overwhelmed. So what, that’s just life and not an excuse to eat too damned much — and almost all of us are probably routinely eating too damned much and have been doing so for too damned long. Doing something wrong for a long time doesn’t make it "normal" or "right” no matter how used to it you are. And make no mistake, the problem isn’t a lack of exercise, it’s too much "food". You aren’t going to out exercise shitty eating habits. In 15-20 minutes you can easily eat more calories than you can burn the rest of the day no matter how much/hard you exercise.

Let the unfucking commence.
    We get it Tom... at least most of us do. I, for one, would like to continue the weight loss thread. There's no reason to click on it if you don't want to participate. In my case, I had a hundred pounds to lose. In all honesty, that's not a 1 year process if you want to keep it off forever. Many of us that were in the 2019 thread are still losing and appreciate the support and guilt these threads bring. You never know, we might just help out one more person to join and and reach their goals.

I am in for 2020. I still have 40 lbs to go. Ending the holidays back at 232. Not partying tonight, so let the loss start again.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I'm fucking off for the holidays and am not ashamed in the least bit. I'll get back to it on Jan 4 and stay strict until Bataan.
    Last edited by BehindBlueI's; 12-31-2019 at 02:34 PM.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    I'll participate. I'd like to drop five more percentage points off my body fat to get it in the 17%-ish area. We'll see. Here's to another year of hard work paying off.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Student
    Staying the course with my diet at least a couple years now. Still between 190-200, still at a smaller pant size than I've ever been as an adult, even including military service.

The real challenge will be incorporating a new physical activity, not necessarily exercise. It was kinda said over my shoulder and out the side of my mouth, but I promised a few witnesses that I would start learning jits (or some other empty hand skills) at some point in this new year.

Already at my target weight of 183 ± 2 pounds (on a 6' 2'' frame), I'll be happy just to keep it right there for 2020.

So long as I don't start eating like an asshole, keep exercising, and stick with my Keto/Paleo/IF plan, it should not be a problem.

Bacon is a health food, right?
    Last edited by the Schwartz; 01-01-2020 at 12:53 AM.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Site Supporter
    01JAN2020 weigh in after crap food for a while - so, here we go. Minimum goal is 185 pounds and 15% body fat by mid/late summer, weekly weigh in

201.2lb
    23.3% body fat

16.2 pounds and 8.3% body fat to loose

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post

Bacon is a health food, right?
    Haha.. when I was low carb'ing it made me happy in the morning. Now it's pretty much out of my life since I only eat from noon to 8.

Site Supporter
    I'm in. I want to get from 238 down to around 210-215. I figure it's possible in a calendar year.

Early in 2019 I did the intermittent fasting thing and it works for me -- as long as I stick with it. I plan to keep working out regularly as well -- perhaps it's not the key to wait loss but it's part of the overall equation.

I'd be in if in coterie club

User Tag List