Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Weight Loss Challenge Thread

Working from home makes it difficult to avoid boredom/stress eating.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Student
    I first met Hyrum last fall during his hosting of Mr. Herron's class last year at Ben Avery. We met again at Mr. Johnston's and Mrs. Lauer's classes not long after in December, and the meal him and his wife prepared was delicious.

Here are some pictures of him.
    https://www.instagram.com/fat_boy_no_more/

Yesterday he was featured on a podcast run by one of our local trainers, Glen Stilson. Please listen to it.
    https://thearmsroomvom.podbean.com/e...-friend-hyrum/

Site Supporter
    1/1/2020: 222 lbs.
    1/29/2020: 211 lbs.
    2/15/2020: 208 lbs.
    3/8/2020 205 lbs.

Today 3/25/202: 199 lbs
    Need to order new jeans

chipping away: 175...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Now down to 181.5 (3/12)
    Now at 178.5. Getting close! Waist is at about 33 1/4. Figure I will stop somewhere between 170 and 175.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I bounced back up to 216-217 after vacation and some "quarantine carb loading" but plan to get back with the program. Not going to the grocery as routinely for fresh veggies and a bored spouse trying online recipes has not been helpful. The trade off was she learned to make a truly excellent pizza crust...
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

172 and falling...
    Name:  Screenshot_2020-04-03-11-34-59-1.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  21.2 KB

I spent the last 2 weeks of quarantine weighing & measuring every ingredient for every meal (because I've obviously got the time) to get precise calorie numbers and used that data, along with weight lost, to calculate my basal metabolic rate. Turns out that online estimator was accurate within 50 calories...

Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    172 and falling...
    Name:  Screenshot_2020-04-03-11-34-59-1.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  21.2 KB

I spent the last 2 weeks of quarantine weighing & measuring every ingredient for every meal (because I've obviously got the time) to get precise calorie numbers and used that data, along with weight lost, to calculate my basal metabolic rate. Turns out that online estimator was accurate within 50 calories...
    Strong work. Good job.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I bounced back up to 216-217 after vacation and some "quarantine carb loading" but plan to get back with the program. Not going to the grocery as routinely for fresh veggies and a bored spouse trying online recipes has not been helpful. The trade off was she learned to make a truly excellent pizza crust...
    Mind sharing the recipe? It took us a couple of years to find our pizza crust recipe, but I'm always open to potential improvement.

I was 157.6 yesterday. Eventually I'll get to 150, but I'm taking a break from that effort right now. Work has been brutal lately. Today I finally accepted that I have to start eating lunch again.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    Mind sharing the recipe? It took us a couple of years to find our pizza crust recipe, but I'm always open to potential improvement.

I was 157.6 yesterday. Eventually I'll get to 150, but I'm taking a break from that effort right now. Work has been brutal lately. Today I finally accepted that I have to start eating lunch again.
    https://basicswithbabish.co/basicsep...7s-fh6cr-dfapr
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List