Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Weight Loss Challenge Thread

Site Supporter
    I was down 5 to 6 lbs through a combination 14/10 intermittent fasting, hard work on my new Peloton, and no beer.
    Spending the week in Albuquerque with my family for my parents 50th. I'm sure I'm going to be back at square one when I get home to Maryland.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Weight down 1.8 lbs and body fat down 0.8% to 172.4 and 21.4% respectively. PITA to try and fast when you've got nothing to do but lounge around the house. Glad the semester starts back up next week.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    First official weigh in of the year, and after a Christmas break with lots of cheating, I'm pretty much where I ended 2019: 202 lbs.

It's a great start, as I'm only 2 off of my goal.
    202.6 today. I blame the office social palacsintas (Hungarian crepes) on Wednesday.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

260 today. Weighing myself every weekend. Down 3.5 from last. Getting diet dialed in and lifting 3-4 times a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    19JAN2020
    21% body fat

Weight loss has stabilized into a very shallow slope for the last week. I'm happy with the progress, considering I was knocking on 210 around Christmas and didn't count a calorie until 01JAN2020

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238
    01JAN2020
    201.2lb
    23.3% body fat

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    200 -> 198

Formerly bland & boring fruits almost taste like candy 12 days after giving up everything artificially sweetened.

The third week was the hardest so far - I'm starting to feel hungry a lot more often and, aside from the digits on the scale, I'm not really seeing/feeling results. I mean after 3 weeks I expected to tighten the belt at least one notch, but no...

1/1/2020: 241.8 lbs.

Today: 233.8 lbs.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    1/11/20:

01/21/20:

Not walking has slown my progress, but it's still moving in the right direction. I'll take minor injury leads to slowed progress vs minor injury leads to reversal of progress any time.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Numbers are all over the place this morning. I had six lectures yesterday and I can't remember drinking water for the sake of hydrating once - I'm really going to have to keep an eye on that this semester. I'll see if I can get decent numbers tomorrow or something.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    Did your sodium intake increase just before you got those surprise 10 lbs? Every time I go to the Mexican restaurant it results in a weight gain well beyond the number of calories I consume there. It's the salt in the salsa (and probably everything else) that causes fluid retention. (I love salsa to the extent that I would live off of it if that was possible.) Usually the weight goes away by itself after a couple or three days days. At home sometimes I have meals that are considerably higher in sodium relative to what we normally eat and those seem to correlate with weight gain also. A couple of days ago I was up 4 lbs from two days previously, and there's simply no way I could have gained that through calories. Hitting the treadmill hard enough to break into a heavy sweat seems to help get get back on track, I presume through losing salt via sweating more than through burning calories.
    There's something to this. I've had bouts the last couple weekends with... er... NFC playoffs and really salty food. My weight went up a lot more than the calories might indicate, and some light fasting isn't bringing it down.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

User Tag List