Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Weight Loss Challenge Thread

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    217.6 today. I feel like maybe I've got a real productive movement due soon, though, so further updates as events warrant.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    How are you guys getting so much fiber? I'm struggling to get 20g within my 1500 calorie/100g Protein goal.
    I hit 40+ daily. A few things help:

1. I have a large serving (100-120g ~10g fiber) of raspberries or blackberries daily along with fat-free greek yogurt.
    2. I eat bread (Dave's Killer, 5g slice x2) on my daily turkey sandwich.
    3. Yerba Prima whole psyllium husk (5g), daily as a supplement. Mix it in cold water and down it.

So just with this, I have about a 20g intake. My other normal food choices take care of the rest.

That said, getting a 40g fiber goal when you are in the low end of carb macros is difficult. I eat 200g of carbs a day, and up to 300g on very active days (4-5 hour bike rides).

So on those low carb days, then I have to be conscious about veggie and fruit types. Pears, raspberries, blackberries, maybe some beans.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    First weigh-in of the year: 229.8
    214.8 this morning. I've hit my goal of between 210-215 for Bataan with a week to spare.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Down to 201. Not bad considering all the sweets I had on Saturday & Sunday.
    200. Getting my momentum back.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

183 -- inexplicablely up 1 from last week, though still down 17 for the year.

Site Supporter
    1/1/2020: 222 lbs.
    1/29/2020: 211 lbs.
    2/15/2020: 208 lbs.

Today, 3/8/2020 205 lbs.

183 -- inexplicablely up 1 from last week, though still down 17 for the year.
    Don't let it bother you unless it becomes a trend. Bouncing around a few pounds is pretty normal so you could have still lost fat and just have a bigger colon load or more water weight on the day you weighed in. I'm sure you already know that, but it's sometimes easy to get discouraged if you don't remind yourself. I'm down almost two pounds today vs yesterday and there's no way that's all calorie deficit, it's just a bigger than usual poo and I know it'll bounce back. Just watch the trend.

212.8 this morning. I'm averaging -0.6 lb/day sticking to Tom_Jones' idea, although I've used cabbage many days instead of broccoli. I weigh about what I did in the Army, although with a 3" larger waist so still not nearly the same body composition. I'm now merely "overweight" instead of "obese" per the BMI charts, so that's something I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Don't let it bother you unless it becomes a trend. Bouncing around a few pounds is pretty normal so you could have still lost fat and just have a bigger colon load or more water weight on the day you weighed in. I'm sure you already know that, but it's sometimes easy to get discouraged if you don't remind yourself. I'm down almost two pounds today vs yesterday and there's no way that's all calorie deficit, it's just a bigger than usual poo and I know it'll bounce back. Just watch the trend.
    That must have been it - I was down 1.4 this morning. It is just frustrating to be flat or up after a week of diet & exercise running a calorie deficit that *should* be dropping about 2/week. Maybe my metabolism is getting more efficient? I don't think I'm building muscle...

That must have been it - I was down 1.4 this morning. It is just frustrating to be flat or up after a week of diet & exercise running a calorie deficit that *should* be dropping about 2/week. Maybe my metabolism is getting more efficient? I don't think I'm building muscle...
    Even the best home scales are seldom more accurate than +/-1% so some of the swing is likely just error of the machine. Don't move the scale, weigh yourself at the same time every day wearing the same thing and just track the trend. I routinely bounce 2 lbs up or down day to day.

User Tag List