Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: 2020 Weight Loss Challenge Thread

Id love to join the 2021 thread. Lost 80lbs myself in 2019 then fell off. Hoping to lose another 30lbs now.
    “Archer not arrow. No such thing as a perfect pistol. Until you commit to being a better archer, you’ll keep hunting for a better arrow.”

-JCN

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I've been a complete failure on weight loss this year. I'm not even sure if I give a shit right now.

Even if you don't give a shit still lose weight. We have to decide to be miserable, and you can be miserable now losing weight or later being overweight.

I know you know this, but sometimes it helps to hear it again.

Azshooter and 0ddl0t are some tough and hard working dudes. You guys impress and show that if a person decide to kiss ass, they can kiss ass. Great workout and please keep updating us.

I lost 5 pounds over the last 2-3 weeks now. Eating less combined with changing my weight lifting up has helped.

My intensity is the same, or maybe even higher, but I am doing less overall sets. I combine what would normally be a 2 day 45-60 minute each workout, into one day and under an hour workout. Today it was in 40 minutes. I deadlifted up to 375 for a total of 5 reps over 2 sets, then 315 for 5 reps and then 225 for 15. Benched up to 225 and then worked my way to 20 reps of 155 and then overhead pressed 140 and then 95 for 10 reps.

It's not amazing numbers, and it's not something you would want to do long term, but to maintain strength and increase endurance while losing weight, it seems to be working for me. You could describe me as little fella height wise, so I want to get down to around 170-175. Right now I am just under 185.

up 11 lbs. I like beer

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Even if you don't give a shit still lose weight. We have to decide to be miserable, and you can be miserable now losing weight or later being overweight.

I know you know this, but sometimes it helps to hear it again.

Azshooter and 0ddl0t are some tough and hard working dudes. You guys impress and show that if a person decide to kiss ass, they can kiss ass. Great workout and please keep updating us.

I lost 5 pounds over the last 2-3 weeks now. Eating less combined with changing my weight lifting up has helped.

My intensity is the same, or maybe even higher, but I am doing less overall sets. I combine what would normally be a 2 day 45-60 minute each workout, into one day and under an hour workout. Today it was in 40 minutes. I deadlifted up to 375 for a total of 5 reps over 2 sets, then 315 for 5 reps and then 225 for 15. Benched up to 225 and then worked my way to 20 reps of 155 and then overhead pressed 140 and then 95 for 10 reps.

It's not amazing numbers, and it's not something you would want to do long term, but to maintain strength and increase endurance while losing weight, it seems to be working for me. You could describe me as little fella height wise, so I want to get down to around 170-175. Right now I am just under 185.
    I don't feel like yo-yo'ing. I'm having a great time at life right now and not stressing about what I eat or how much I work out. I get outside and work, I go to the shop and work, I get out every day into the woods a little bit on my snowmobile. I know that my health could be better with better eating habits and workout habits, but at some point I simply want to just live life.

Is there a 2021 thread yet?

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

User Tag List