Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Talk me into (or out of) a V-Bob

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    So I was driving past Collector's Firearms today after finishing all my other business in town. Stopped in to molest a few innocent guns.

They had a V-Bob in .45. The bob tucked into my palm just like before, but it turned out when I handled the one last week, I didn't handle it enough. Worked a few presentations, and got right back where I keep ending up with 1911s. The slim grip just doesn't work with my hand size/shape. When I grip it firmly, I have good pressure on the front and backstraps and my fingers can press the left side effectively. But on the right side, with the front strap locked into my knuckle bend and the backstrap pressed firmly into the rear part of my palm, the front of my palm and first knuckles form a triangle that basically eliminates contact pressure from the right side of the grip. And I ended up really inconsistent on the presentation. Not like a Glock where I'm consistently wrong in the same way, but inconsistent and having to chase the front sight quite a bit.

Leaving this here for posterity, so I can refer back to it next time this particular species of STAS infection flares up.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I had a V-Bob in 45 a long time ago.

I didn't find it particularly useful for anything. I didn't like the grip as the part that's gone is where I get a lot of my grip/control. The toe of the mag prints just like any other full size, the abbreviated slide length makes it more unstable on the belt, along with all the other goodness that comes with commanders, and was heavy.

To me it had all the drawbacks of a 1911 and none of the positives.

User Tag List