Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Is the "roll of quarters" trick actually a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Don't do that shit.
    Well, I guess that settles it. Can we close the thread now?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Well, I guess that settles it. Can we close the thread now?
    With Craig and Cecil being all "nah bro that's a bad idea" I can officially declare my curiosity satisfied.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I gotta tell you I've seen so much fucking derp coming out of former SOF dudes here lately on every topic imaginable that it really makes me wonder what kind of experience they actually have.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mitchum View Post

I gotta tell you I've seen so much fucking derp coming out of former SOF dudes here lately on every topic imaginable that it really makes me wonder what kind of experience they actually have.
    Amen. Aside from which it's just rehashed pablum.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

I have personally seen stuff like this used

Not a roll of Quarters
    Name:  weapon.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  11.7 KB

There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

I get shit on everytime I say this, because people take it out of context, but the experiance SOF guys have does not match the type of conflict regular CCW guys are looking to train for.

Its like brain surgery vs heart surgery. There is some cross over between the two but they are different enough that if you want to learn heart surgery you probably wont want to learn it from a brain surgeon.

A regular CCW guys possible threats, and resources available to deal with those threats, are vastly different than the threats and resources the SOF guy faced and had.

"I want an instructor with real experience so Im going with the former SEAL/Green Beret/Ranger/MARSOC guy..."

How much experience does that guy have in facing two potiental thugs while coming out of a gas station armed only with a smaller pistol, no body armor, tons of highly trained friends, or air support around?

How many times in Iraq was that SOF guy in a store and found himself in the direct vicinity of an armed robbery?

Some former SOF guys have never even fired their handguns in anger at another human and teach pistol classes.

BLUF: Im not saying that former SOF guys couldn't defend themselves very well in these and other scenarios. Im not saying that they are unable to train others to do so as well. What I am saying is that they spent their time in the military doing one type of surgery when the averge CCW guy is looking at a completely different type of surgery.

I came to the same conclusion after watching a YouTube SEAL review a new Glock. Early in the vid he explains how he took the pistol to the gun shop to have aftermarket sights installed. That was my first clue. Then he shot the gun on camera and achieved, by P-F standards, a pretty crappy group at 7-10 yards. He noted the group was left of the bullseye, and dismissed the pistol completely because it didn't shoot POI-POA.

This is a guy with a huge following, and by all accounts, he saw action in the ME. And of course he has the cool guy ink and biceps. But he doesn't know how to drift his fricken sights, I won't include a link because he doesn't deserve any more views.

So yeah, plenty of derp from guys you'd think would know better.

If you guys really want to go the quarters-in-the-sock route I suggest a good bar of soap instead. And Hanes socks work well.

But if not.. my I humbly suggest a 2 lb weight (barbell that is.) You can punch with it. You can use the ends that extend outside the hand as a 'hammer fist'. You can even throw it at them! And you tell the cops they are for exercise!!!

Name:  blue bell weight.jpeg
Views: 515
Size:  10.6 KB

User Tag List