Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: ATF adds “non binary” sex option to Form 4473

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    There is a portion of the LGBTQ community that Want to force their views on everyone else by any means necessary. They are the equivalent of open carry activists, and like open carry activists They generate the exact opposite of the reaction they are looking for and don’t do their group any favors.
    Absolutely, but clowns like Porterfield aren't saying "a portion of the LGBT community". They are militantly bigoted against all of them. The fact that this guy is popular after saying he'd drown his own children for being gay says plenty about a large segment of the population.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by scjbash View Post
    Absolutely, but clowns like Porterfield aren't saying "a portion of the LGBT community". They are militantly bigoted against all of them. The fact that this guy is popular after saying he'd drown his own children for being gay says plenty about a large segment of the population.
    A Nigerian wants told me the best lies are built around the core of truth. Those militants provide the core for his lies. As such they are complicit. They literally create the heat they claim to be fighting where it did not exist before.

Re: the Phelps followers, the 1A already gives them power to assemble and run their suck. I’ve personally seen what happens when it’s at the funeral of fallen soldiers and on the campus of catholic universities; in the former case *scores* of bikers turn out to make sure nobody in the funeral party are aware of their presence beyond academically, and when 4-6 of them show up at a university, *hundreds* of students turn out in countervailing protest. I have no doubt that if a few phat phelps’s were to somehow be given free reign for enacting violence, they’d lose. As in, grease spot where they once stood lose.

As to the 4473, I suppose it depends how much one respects the paper and process. In today’s USA, if one wants to procure a gun (legally), then one must play the game. If another box allows more to play, great. I do find it interesting that we got another gender box before we got a “multi-racial" or "bi-racial" box, just considering the numbers. For decades, I’ve just shrugged, and checked the whitey box, because I have my own jars of mayonnaise and alternative peanut butter in the fridge, and I can’t dance for shit. That, and at +/- 50 percent, whitey is probably the majority shareholder of my genetics. It’s not terribly accurate, but I DGAF, because it’s just playing the game, and I don’t especially respect the form; nor do I respect the state version that is probably close to a 1 million backlog at this point.

Moving to the first state to go shall issue in the 60s because you’re intermarried? That’s not a game. A piece of paper that also asks (and ostensibly expects) users to self-incriminate on dope smoking in today’s USA? More legit things to get worked up about. JMO, obviously.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I think your emotions are getting in the way of your logic. While it is my opinion you are wrong on many issues I don’t think you are a stupid, infentile, simple minded or a shallow person.

This statement you have made is vile, stupid, and approaches being evil.

Certainly there are a few nuts/evil people in any group, but I know no Christians who support what you claim. Then to cheapen the sick demonic acts committed by the Taliban is beneath you.

You should apologize for your statement. I doubt you will but you should.
    I have personal knowledge of Christians bombing churches. Twice I have heard the explosions. I am related to one who got caught. He served no time and today sings in the church. In my youth I knew two men who participated in lynchings, and today I can show you one of the trees and take you to a deep well where one body was thrown. All were God fearing Christians who considered themselves patriots. I could write more.

If I were a Jew, I would have a belt fed machine gun. Stephanie owes no apologies. Anyway it may not be kosher for one forum member to state that another should apologize. I mean no disrespect by saying this.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    Funny story!

Yes, Af-ri-can-A-mer-i-can is not only an over-long descriptive category, but in many cases simply an inaccurate one.

How did plain old simple "black" and "white" become so politically incorrect in the first place?

Everyone understood that "white" people were those whose skin color actually ran a continuum of shades from palest pinkish-white to moderately dark yellowish-brown, and that "black" people had skin colors ranging from palest tan to inky-blue-black.
    Neither of the simple "color" terms was innately insulting or derogatory, even if less than accurate.

I guess using skin color as a descriptive term for designating groups of people must have somehow seemed offensive or overly simplistic to our modern determiners of social propriety (after all, no provision was included for skin color descriptors of Asian or Hispanic people!), but "African American" and "Caucasian" are neither better nor more accurate than ol' "black" and "white".

Disclaimer: By modern standards, I'm an old curmudgeon ("Boomer") with an old curmudgeon's perspective on history, who probably despises nearly any example of "political correctness" you could name.
    Remember the "one drop rule"?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    I have personal knowledge of Christians bombing churches. Twice I have heard the explosions. I am related to one who got caught. He served no time and today sings in the church. In my youth I knew two men who participated in lynchings, and today I can show you one of the trees and take you to a deep well where one body was thrown. All were God fearing Christians who considered themselves patriots. I could write more.

If I were a Jew, I would have a belt fed machine gun. Stephanie owes no apologies. Anyway it may not be kosher for one forum member to state that another should apologize. I mean no disrespect by saying this.
    She most certainly does. It’s not the secular world that produced a tolerant society and it is Christians who are the Jews best friend.
    Last edited by TheNewbie; 12-31-2019 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Remember the "one drop rule"?
    No.
    Is it a Southern thing?

I do know about how Southern folks assigned fractional "black blood" amounts to people of "mixed race", and my (Southern) wife's family used to tease her about being an "octoroon" because her skin color is a little tawny...
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    A Nigerian wants told me the best lies are built around the core of truth. Those militants provide the core for his lies. As such they are complicit. They literally create the heat they claim to be fighting where it did not exist before.
    If that's the way we're all going to view everything, then all movements, ideologies, groups, and probably individuals are guilty and off limits. I don't discount capitalism just because there is some percentage of advocates for it who are wacko.

In particular, considering homosexuality is biological, you can't expect everyone in "the movement" to adhere to a certain set of principles. That would be like saying "we can't take everyone born in the first week of January seriously as long as you continue to tolerate lunatics within your group."

I don't expect to be held responsible for the actions of any straight dude but me and I fundamentally reject the idea that anyone should try to hold me responsible for the actions of others whose connection to me is race, gender, or anything else involuntary.

I presume it's the same for homos... I admit I have never asked any of my gay friends whether they are operating with some kind of hive mind but I'm pretty sure they're not.

If they make sex/gender irrelevant by introducing an unlimited possibilities option why bother asking?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    If that's the way we're all going to view everything, then all movements, ideologies, groups, and probably individuals are guilty and off limits. I don't discount capitalism just because there is some percentage of advocates for it who are wacko.

In particular, considering homosexuality is biological, you can't expect everyone in "the movement" to adhere to a certain set of principles. That would be like saying "we can't take everyone born in the first week of January seriously as long as you continue to tolerate lunatics within your group."

I don't expect to be held responsible for the actions of any straight dude but me and I fundamentally reject the idea that anyone should try to hold me responsible for the actions of others whose connection to me is race, gender, or anything else involuntary.

I presume it's the same for homos... I admit I have never asked any of my gay friends whether they are operating with some kind of hive mind but I'm pretty sure they're not.
    You mean homosexuality MAY be biological. Facts not in evidence.

The fact is there are a percentage of LGBTQ people who are assholes and go out of their way to fuck with people and impose their views on others. Are all LGBTQ people like that? No, but some are and there are enough of them that the West Virginia pastors impression of them has an actual basis. He is just applying that basis with too broad a brush.

But of course he’s not part of a group that is fashionable among social progressives So I guess his point of view doesn’t matter.

User Tag List