Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP annouced in 22LR!

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    But jeezalmighty its a tough gun to make hits with.
    This is my concern in a nutshell. The SR22 that I didn't want gata naranja to buy turned out to be reasonably accurate (all things considered) as well as surprisingly reliable with a couple of different loadings... and is easy for me (and her) to make hits with. If the LCP .22 isn't as good as our SR22 in accuracy, reliability and shooting comfort, its size will probably be immaterial to us.

Looks like I will have to rent one of these LCPs once the local range gets an example into their stable.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    This is my concern in a nutshell. The SR22 that I didn't want gata naranja to buy turned out to be reasonably accurate (all things considered) as well as surprisingly reliable with a couple of different loadings... and is easy for me (and her) to make hits with. If the LCP .22 isn't as good as our SR22 in accuracy, reliability and shooting comfort, its size will probably be immaterial to us.

Looks like I will have to rent one of these LCPs once the local range gets an example into their stable.
    Trigger is the same as the 380. Recoil is not.

If you've shot/handled the 380 version and don't have any real issues working its trigger you (or the mrs) should be good to go.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Hammertime

But jeezalmighty its a tough gun to make hits with. The trigger is not bad IMO. Just breaks late/deep and with it being so tiny, that didn't help. I could not reliably hit the upper alpha at 5 freakin yards. I played around with trying to shoot heads across three targets at 5, 7 and 10 yards. Whoa, not so much. Our S&W 351 is much easier to sink hits with, heavy DA pull notwithstanding. I think due to dimensions for fitting all my hands around. POI seemed to be maybe an inch or two high at 7 yards but its too early to say for sure as imprecise as I was gripping and pressing it.
    That is interesting because with my .380 LCP I am hella better than a revolver. May be hand size issue. Or maybe the .22 is kinda unique in the trigger dept.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    That is interesting because with my .380 LCP I am hella better than a revolver. May be hand size issue. Or maybe the .22 is kinda unique in the trigger dept.
    It's probably me. I grew up rolling K frame DA triggers in gigantic dry fire volume and pretty fair live fire. It's probably my grip managing 11 oz so small. I expected it to be a bit of challenge. I underestimated the challenge. But it's cheap to get into and cheap to shoot so I'll see what I can do. Might sharpen up my fundamentals.
    The trigger is really not bad IMO. In fact nice and light enough it made me think it would be no sweateedaa sticking hits into the upper A zone at closer ranges. It mocked me badly.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I'm really trying to hold off on one of these but can't talk myself out of it. If I have any slush in my next season ski pass budget, definitely going to break down and order one up with a brace of square/round cut Mika pocket holsters, four spare mags, selection of Super Extra/Mini-Mag/Stinger/Velocitor/SGB/cheap bulk/High Velocity Match, and set up a plate array from 7-50 yards. I dig pocket rockets and have been jonesing for a replacement of my long-dead and more fun than it had any right to be J-22. If all it does is be fun living in the range bag to hand my range companion to go at the 3" plate duelling tree against my .22 LCR, it'll be worth the money.

Not trading in the Bobcat like some of you, though. Still love that little thing even if it only runs Stingers reliably.

Site Supporter
    I have had several Beretta .22 and .25 ACP pocket pistols that shot to point of aim. These little guns are nifty to carry in addition to a real gun when fooling around in the field. Everybody needs one, but I suggest not assigning it a serious role. Already many of us speak fondly of the 32 and 380 Auto and sometimes carry them for defense. Let's not do this with the .22 Ruger.

No thanks

I am quite familiar with the LCP. Bought one when they first came out. I shoot pocket guns on a regular basis. Have been for 10 years. I burned through 4 of the LCP's all of which had to be sent many times into Ruger and all eventually replaced. Move on to better quality. I have always believed the LCP should have been manufactured in 32.cal and never the 380. The gun just is not built for many rounds. I like the idea of a small trainer for pocket guns or small barrel. But would not think of paying more than $1750-200.00 for a LCP. Personally think the LCP Gen2 not LCPll had or has the best trigger. Nice smooth DAO. If I were to carry a 22.cal, it would be the well built LCR which I love to train with. 8 rounds, and accuracy is as good as you want to make it. I shoot the SR22, nice gun reliable but accuracy is fair and really do not like the weird Trigger.

One of my favorite trainers for 22.cal is the Phoenix HPA 22. Have been shooting them for over 10yrs. And the accuracy is fantastic. While I do not always agree with all gun test magazine reviews, I gave them points when they reviewed a few 22.cals and said. "We did not expect much out of a gun the a price of $140.00 but when the gun out performed others costing 4 times as much, it got our attention."
    These guns are great trainers, nice sights, nice triggers. And they are very reliable and eat any standard ammo. And I only paid $85.00 for the first one over 10 years and thousands of rounds later still running like a champ. Great for honing fast point and shoot skills not to mention just plain fun.

Last edited by Old Virginia; 01-28-2020 at 11:41 AM.

Site Supporter
    I always wondered about the Phoenix .22. I may try one of these. My LCR .22 shot accurately and reliably.

My father's Phoenix had the ~4" and stubby barrels. Bit like a Dan Wesson, can swap them out. But the zinc slide split with no warning after however many years in his hands and rounds downrange. I hated the absolutely insane administrative handling due to the way the internal and external safeties worked but he loved it and could make reliable on-demand hits on his favorite target of a coffee can out to fifty yards with seeming ease.

Hammertime
    It's probably me. I grew up rolling K frame DA triggers in gigantic dry fire volume and pretty fair live fire. It's probably my grip managing 11 oz so small. I expected it to be a bit of challenge. I underestimated the challenge. But it's cheap to get into and cheap to shoot so I'll see what I can do. Might sharpen up my fundamentals.
    The trigger is really not bad IMO. In fact nice and light enough it made me think it would be no sweateedaa sticking hits into the upper A zone at closer ranges. It mocked me badly.
    And it is probably me as well because my DAO revolver time is small and the LCP was one of my first guns.

User Tag List