Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP annouced in 22LR!

I wish they would offer a .32 ACP! Dream LCP, orig LCP with ameriglo front, sights and trigger like on the “custom” maybe 8-10 rounds.

I love my TCP .32, but trigger bar broke once, installed used one and works fine. The .32 is really nice in these smaller guns. But hey I am a huge .32 fanboi.

I’ve already got too many 22 handguns, but I’m really thinking about getting one of these. I’ve got a LCPII and a LCP Max, both have been very good with the minimal amount of rounds I’ve fired with them (1100 LCPII, 500 Max). Mostly my hand loads, but also several mags of new hollow point ammo through each. My mind is telling me you got to get the 22 to round out the LCP armory.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I’ve already got too many 22 handguns, but I’m really thinking about getting one of these. I’ve got a LCPII and a LCP Max, both have been very good with the minimal amount of rounds I’ve fired with them (1100 LCPII, 500 Max). Mostly my hand loads, but also several mags of new hollow point ammo through each. My mind is telling me you got to get the 22 to round out the LCP armory.
    Listen to your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Suggs View Post
    Listen to your mind.
    Yep, thinking one of these may be a good “work from home” item.

There’s a 590A1 secured about five feet from my desk so I figure I can sacrifice for convenience.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Picked mine up from the LGS today at lunch. I just finished breaking it down, cleaning all surfaces and then reassembling with a very little lubricant.

Are 50 gr RN Mini-Mags typically good to go in these pistols? My current plan is to bring a box or two of Nini-Mags to the range tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
    Picked mine up from the LGS today at lunch. I just finished breaking it down, cleaning all surfaces and then reassembling with a very little lubricant.

Are 50 gr RN Mini-Mags typically good to go in these pistols? My current plan is to bring a box or two of Nini-Mags to the range tomorrow.
    The 1235 FPS 40 grain Mini-Mag solids function great in mine. I'm at 3100 through mine, most of which are those.

Range report

I stripped and cleaned the LCP II well before the first range trip, and I used only a tiny amount of 3-IN-ONE Dry Lube (from the article by Claude Werner) on the areas one would normally lubricate on a semi auto.

I fired 100 rounds of Mini-Mags, 50 rounds of Aguila 40 gr HV and 100 rounds of Federal Champion. CCI and Aguila ran flawlessly.

The Federal ran fine except for 3 rounds that failed to fire. Each of them I inspected, and they all had a prominent firing pin strike on the rim. I rotated them and tried each a second time. One fired in the LCP. I took the other two and tried them in a MK IV that has been very reliable, and one of the two fired. The final unfired 22 LR went into the dud bin with 3 firing pin strikes spread about 120 deg apart.

I staggered the types of ammo, so the Federal failures happened through the firing cycle. I purchased a case of this Federal Champion way back in the day, and I've been chewing through it recently as my bulk range 22 ammo. I haven't had any misfires in my Ruger MK pistols, but the sample size from this range trip is not large enough to consider causality. Clearly one of the three rounds was pure garbage.

As long as the LCP continues to perform as it did with Mini-Mags and Aguilas, I'll be perfectly happy.

As for performance, this LCP has all the ergonomic challenges of my LCP 380, but the recoil is night and day. I was fully expecting less recoil, but the 22 is almost nothing, even in this tiny pistol.

Has anyone fired enough Federal Punch through their LCP II to consider it reliable enough for carry purposes?

I grabbed a box of 50 to try in mine, figuring if the 22 rimfire that costs close to centerfire per round didn't work, a single box wouldn't be a big investment.

I had one failure to feed on the first mag, but based on the angle of the round I think it might have been sitting strangely in the mag (so operator error). The round missed the feed ramps and jammed against the breech face. I resolved the error, then reloaded the round into the mag and gave the mag a solid whack before loading and it ran find. The other 40 rounds all fed fine as well.

Accuracy was excellent, shooting a tight group right at POA. I'm thinking about trying more, but I was curious if anyone else had run a significant round count through their LCP and if so, the results?

Quote Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
    Has anyone fired enough Federal Punch through their LCP II to consider it reliable enough for carry purposes?
    Federal Punch is the only “quality” ammo my LCP II is NOT reliable with.
    I have the Galloway spring kit and MCARBO recoil spring.
    I’ve settled on CCI Stingers as the preferred round in mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave303 View Post
    Federal Punch is the only “quality” ammo my LCP II is NOT reliable with.
    I have the Galloway spring kit and MCARBO recoil spring.
    I’ve settled on CCI Stingers as the preferred round in mine.
    That’s unfortunate. I will probably try sone simply fir my own edification.

User Tag List