Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP annouced in 22LR!

Quote Originally Posted by revolvergeek View Post
    I have wanted a conversion barrel for an LCP for years. .32 acp with warm loaded flat point ball would make for a much more controllable little emergency pocket gun. My original LCP squirmed on me so badly that I installed one of the Houge grips on it and then shaved that down to reduce the bulk. I never could see the front sight so I had a local gunsmith install a big brass bead on it. It isn't pleasant, but with factory ammo it was a reliable little beast.

I am really intrigued by this new 22 LR option and could see myself picking up a couple of them. Cheapest I have seen one down here was on the shelf for $309. Once I all my retro revolvers off layawake I am going to have to pick one up.
    Oh, just join tbe P-F secret shame club.

Name:  IMG_20200430_231528955.jpg
Views: 1120
Size:  45.0 KB

Name:  IMG_20200430_231501880.jpg
Views: 920
Size:  14.2 KB

Even with the GASP package (with Ghettosnipe), price will be less than the price of a conversion barrel for the LCP. 😃

(RevolverRob paid $280 for a .32 NAA LCP barrel)
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    Oh, just join tbe P-F secret shame club.

Name:  IMG_20200430_231528955.jpg
Views: 1120
Size:  45.0 KB

Name:  IMG_20200430_231501880.jpg
Views: 920
Size:  14.2 KB

Even with the GASP package (with Ghettosnipe), price will be less than the price of a conversion barrel for the LCP. 😃

(RevolverRob paid $280 for a .32 NAA LCP barrel)
    What can I say, I am a sucker for little bitty guns. Mostly these days I focus it on various little .32 revolvers, but I still pick up a new auto now and then. Yeah, I saw those .32 NAA barrels a while back, but I just couldn't make myself pull the trigger, so to speak.

Here is my big bead special. As you might imagine there were a lot of 'Prince Albert' jokes from some of my friends. Super easy to see though.

Quote Originally Posted by revolvergeek View Post
    What can I say, I am a sucker for little bitty guns. Mostly these days I focus it on various little .32 revolvers, but I still pick up a new auto now and then. Yeah, I saw those .32 NAA barrels a while back, but I just couldn't make myself pull the trigger, so to speak.

Here is my big bead special. As you might imagine there were a lot of 'Prince Albert' jokes from some of my friends. Super easy to see though.

I could see a bead like that with a cerakoted rear as mk.II of the Ghettosnipe. (If overall cost is less than a proper 3 dot installed)
    Last edited by Baldanders; 05-08-2020 at 02:39 PM.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

I finally got to handle a sample of the LCP II .22 LR and, much to my wife's surprise, I did not buy it. The sights just do not work for my eyes. I probably could paint the front sight with red or orange nail polish like I do with the half-moon sights found on the Colt Huntsman, but that front sight is TINY. Combined with the trigger, I decided another Colt Huntsman, one with a 4.25" barrel, can be my new kit gun. Not that much more money (about $150 before additional magazines) but an entirely different shooting experience.

Not sure how I feel about the safety as a carry gun for me but this little sucker is fun on a bun. Ran at least a magaxine each of Aguila Super Extra, Federal Automatch, CCI SGB, Federal Champion bulk 36gr copper washed hollowpoint, and CCI Standard Velocity. All of which would chew the center out of the target out to 30 feet running the N.R.A. BoPS course of fire. Had a touch of felt recoil with CCI Velocitor and a light strike. Checked POI with a full 10+1 load of Velocitor at 25 yards, as well:

Will find out what, if anything, it runs reliably then check POI with that before even thinking of taking a file to the sights. Especially as even the Velocitor isn't trending high-left enough to particularly concern me. Did paint the front sight the most obnoxious yellow from the fingernail polish aisle before even going shooting.

Another light strike, today. A poorly stored CCI Standard Velocity from a sleeve which had gotten damp so may have been the ammo this time. Son got a short strike of the slide which picked up a fresh cartridge but failes to cock the hammer while running Federal Automatch he had spilled on the ground and was sandy. He also has a habit of limp-wristing autos when not closely coached.

But he was keeping most shots on a 6"x8" target at seven yards. And running Mozambiques into 6" and 4" circles at four yards rather well. The "lite rack" moniker seems mostly to be advertising rather than reality. Slide's small and stiff for the kids. Little dude likes the gun so worth it if just for that, though.

For me, the gun also prints high-left with CCI Standard Velocity. At 15 yards, they'll stay in a vertically oriented index card with a dead center hold but not any farther than that. CCI SGB is looking promising as a carryable load. Will confirm after I can get a few more boxes then think about tweaking the front sight to better regulate for it at 25 yards. Though I'd first like Stingers to come back in stock and try those to simplify supply being my snub-nose carry load.

And still on the fence about the safety. I can't run it like a 1911-style and not sure I want to dedicate myself to training with the compromised usage pattern and risk tanking my automaticity with conventional thumb safeties. This'll likely wind up just a range gun for me where I can just use the safety administratively and ignore it on the line.

Stupid bugger is so fun that I've got zero regrets buying it even just as a range toy. Running the 3" plates on my rimfire duelling tree at seven to ten yards is a blast.

Site Supporter
    I bought one yesterday and unboxed it and went straight to the range. 200 rounds CCI minimags; 1 FTE (fired second try), 1 FTE, and 1 early slide lock back.
    Mine shot high left also. Even with the tiny sights, because I liked the trigger, my accuracy was a little better than with my 9mm glocks. My g44 has been 100% reliable so far, but I'm as satisfied with this LCP 2 .22 for a plinker as I am with the glock. Both fun purchases.

Site Supporter

Cleaned after the first 200 rounds. Painted the front sight with white nail polish. Another 200 rounds of CCI minimags. 1 FTFire; fired on the second attempt. No buyer's regrets. My 12 year old grandson will have a chance to pass judgement this week.

Short stroke of the slide failed to pick up a cartridge but did eject the spent case. Shooting Federal high velocity Gold Medal Match from retention. Gun has a few hundred rounds downrange without any cleaning beyond a bore swab out of the box.

Will clean and lube tonight and try same ammo again next range trip. Also shoot it at 25 yards along with CCI SGB.

I succumbed and bought one of these little things today.
    Brought it home, went in back yard and ran 60 Aquila hv and 20 Eley target. Worked great so far.

We shall see....or time will tell.

Target at 10 yards right out of box and lubed a bit.

Name:  lcp 22 target.jpg
Views: 639
Size:  38.5 KB

User Tag List