Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP annouced in 22LR!

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I can't decide whether this is interesting or I don't care. My LCP Custom in .380 injured my hands, because they are too big to be able to grip it and control movement under recoil. A .22LR version might actually be shootable.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    If it works, Ruger just printed their own money. .
    I think you are right, I will probably purchase the first one I see.

Mags aren't outrageous I guess.

http://shopruger.com/LCP-II-10-Round...uctinfo/90697/

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I like the concept but I think I would prefer some sort of adjustable sights for this. That way it can fulfill two roles understudy for the lcp and a kit gun for the occasional shot at small game while your not actively hunting.
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse870 View Post
    I like the concept but I think I would prefer some sort of adjustable sights for this. That way it can fulfill two roles understudy for the lcp and a kit gun for the occasional shot at small game while your not actively hunting.
    If Ruger follows the Glock tradition of offering the Glock 42, milking its sales, and then offering the Glock 43, I expect we will see an adjustable-sight variant offered in the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse870 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    If Ruger follows the Glock tradition of offering the Glock 42, milking its sales, and then offering the Glock 43, I expect we will see an adjustable-sight variant offered in the next few years.
    Even a drift adjustable rear would be good. Ideally the gun would have some type of fully adjustable rear but at least a dovetailed rear could be knocked out and replaced if different height(s) are needed.

Am I the only one who prefers fixed sights?

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Point Aficionado View Post
    Am I the only one who prefers fixed sights?
    No problem with fixed sights in theory. But will the gun shoot POA with all the various bullet weights/velocities? At seven yards it likely won't make a difference but we'll probably see quite a disparity at 15 and 25.

But all that's besides the point. Are people currently shooting their little 380s at 25 yards?

Site Supporter
    Slight change of subject from sights. It would have been much more reliable if Ruger had designed it with a double strike firing pin, like some of the high end target rifles in 22 LR.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave T; 12-31-2019 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    Slight change of subject from sights. It would have been much more reliable if Ruger had designed it with a double strike firing pin, like some of the high end target rifles in 22 LR.

Dave
    I assume the LCP 380 frame and the 22 LCP frame come off the same assembly line. It is likely that hammer and hammer spring are the same parts.

What might be needed is a heavier hammer and/or stronger hammer spring.

User Tag List