Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP annouced in 22LR!

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Suggs View Post

Target at 10 yards right out of box and lubed a bit.
    Leroy what was your point of aim to get those hits on that orange dot?
    Thanks
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by APS-PF View Post
    Leroy what was your point of aim to get those hits on that orange dot?
    Thanks
    Center of the 2" dot. Top of front sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Suggs View Post
    Center of the 2" dot. Top of front sight.
    Impressive shooting. Very impressive.

Wife officially dislikes the watch-pocket bullet hose. It does spit some fine, hot embers out of the ejection port which sting the arms. She's completely done with the gun and I don't blame her. The kids and I still love the thing, though.

Federal high velocity Gold Medal Match is officially a no-go. Hits 8+" high at 25 yards and still gives odd stoppages. Have more SGB plus CCI Stinger, Aguila Interceptor, and Winchester Varmint HE on the way to try out. Hope to find something that hits no further off POA than Velocitor did bit runs reliably.

I've also been playing with the included pocket holster rather than bury it in the gunsock bin as I usually do. Not a fan but it does carry the gun securely and cover the trigger without the fabric being too soft. If notjing else, makes a good range holster to avoid beating up my Mika in the sand and gravel.

This gun is a dandy.

Shot these this morning in the gusty winds left from Cristobal.

Distance is 10 yds and 15 yds.
    Ammo is Eley target standard velocity. No malfunctions so far with 60 rds Aguila HV and 150 rds Eley Target.
    Trigger is ok. Good as the average Glock.
    In use the safety comes off just like a 1911.

I like it for a little 22lr i can carry around in my pocket for pests, beer cans, etc.

Hopefully it will do well with higher round counts.

Name:  IMG_0243.jpg
Views: 682
Size:  75.7 KB

Forty-one rounds of Aguila Interceptor looking promising. Patterns pretty much to sights at 25 yards and no stoppages. I'll focus on this load and CCI SGB going forward to see if either or both prove to be the one. Drew 4", 5", and 6" circles on a bit of paperboard and it was a lot of fun to work target transitions and mixed round counts from four to fifteen yards in my brief range trip.

CCI Stinger gave me several failures to eject in 21 rounds. Don't know if a chamber ring formed from regular case length loads since last cleaning. If so, the ring may have caused sticky extraction as in a .357 revolver after a bunch of 38 Special. Or it just doesn't like kicking out the longer cases. Doesn't matter in the end as I decided not to waste ammo I can save for the LCR and instead spend time with ammo that looks more promising.

Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    Forty-one rounds of Aguila Interceptor looking promising. Patterns pretty much to sights at 25 yards and no stoppages. I'll focus on this load and CCI SGB going forward to see if either or both prove to be the one. Drew 4", 5", and 6" circles on a bit of paperboard and it was a lot of fun to work target transitions and mixed round counts from four to fifteen yards in my brief range trip.

CCI Stinger gave me several failures to eject in 21 rounds. Don't know if a chamber ring formed from regular case length loads since last cleaning. If so, the ring may have caused sticky extraction as in a .357 revolver after a bunch of 38 Special. Or it just doesn't like kicking out the longer cases. Doesn't matter in the end as I decided not to waste ammo I can save for the LCR and instead spend time with ammo that looks more promising.
    Please let us know how the Interceptors do!

Had one hangup with Interceptor before cleaning. Took it out with a freshly scrubbed bolt face and got a failure to eject while doing some retention shooting. May have caught on my cover garment and will give the load one more chance before moving on to SGB for trial.

[QUOTE=SCCY Marshal;1066263]Had one hangup with Interceptor before cleaning. Took it out with a freshly scrubbed bolt face and got a failure to eject while doing some retention shooting. May have caught on my cover garment and will give the load one more chance before moving on to SGB for trial.[/QUOTE

My example gobbles the Interceptor and is poa/poi at 10 yards..
    I will carry them in the little pistol.

I live rural and like to carry a pocket 22 around the place. It is no way a self defense gun, just for pests, vermin,etc.
    Always have a Glock 26 for defense.

I am enamored with this little pistol. Reliable, accurate, east to hit with.
    The Interceptors will give it reasonable penetration I think.

I had serious failures to ignite both CCI SGB and Winchester Varmint HE, today. The Winchester was on for elevation but a bit right at 25 yards. SGB hit 6"+ right but proper elevation. Will continue to hope for the best with Interceptor. If failures to fire remain widespread, will be giving Ruger a call.

User Tag List