Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP annouced in 22LR!

Site Supporter
    My used pawn shot rescue that I bought cheap made it's first trip to the range today and I am very pleased. One failure to fire with some cheap Federal 36 grn plated HP bulk pack but that was the only issue. I cleaned it and lubed it with a bit of Slip 2000 EWG before shooting. Just played around at 5 - 10 yards mostly. Did not fire it at any real distance because this is a not that kind of gun to me. No formal drills with it. Functioned perfectly other than that one round with no other failures to feed/ fire/ extract/cycle when fired with either one or two hands. I was hoping that buying it used would get me past the break in period and that seems to be the case.

I had problems with the front sight but painting it bright orange fixed that. It shoots to point of aim at short range and points pretty well. I put maybe 140 rounds though it (tested several guns today) and it was perfect other than that one failure to fire. Did well with CCI minimags and Velocitors. It blows a pretty surprising little cloud of fire with the MiniMags. This target was two handed as fast as I could flash a sight picture. Everything shot a bit left today and I think that is more my eyes (four year old prescription) than the guns.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Can anyone on this thread confirm that their LCP .22 has an angled but to the bottom of the extractor as shown in this photo?

Attachment 64903
    I got a new extractor. It would appear the one in my pistol is not broken and is the most updated part. They have a little angle at the bottom.

Name:  8730E815-3BB3-4D72-87B3-93C08986E784.jpg
Views: 771
Size:  39.3 KB

Threw mine in the new man purse wile following the dog. 28 rounds downrange in pursuit of the wily North American beer can and knocking stones off stumps. Aguila Super Extra 38 grain coper washed hollow points hit high even at seven paces. Ignition reliability seems good, though. Most of our rifles hate igniting this load but seems promising in wee Ruger.

Twenty-one more of the Super Extra 38gr copper plated hollow points downrange. Ten into a roughly 2" group on an old rusty bucket five yards away while using the bail mount as an aiming spot..

Eleven Mini-Mag 40gr solids and eleven Remington Golden Bullet plus a handful of full power 22 Short. Last cleaned 60 rounds before that so now 71 rounds fired since last cleaning.

If loaded singly in the magazine, a Short will feed. When fired, it will lock the slide open and eject but land closer to the gun. If one Short is loaded directly into the chamber and a magazine inserted with one other Short, the gun will fire the first, chamber the second, fire it, and lock open on empty...there is a tick crawling across my computer screen...If more than one short is loaded into the magazine, all but the cartridge on the follower will nose down into the feedramp, cause a stoppage, and have significant damage to the bullet nose.

Hammertime
    I put 90 trouble free rounds through mine. A friend and I were both able to make consistent hits at 100 yards on a 2"X3" steel target in a pretty stiff wind. That was unexpected!

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    The LCP in .32 would be a very balanced little package.
    I agree! Would like to see that version with a 3-1/2" threaded (for can) barrel installed on the standard length slide and an extended magazine which reverts to double-stack protruding below the butt, ala Savage, holding ten rounds.

Site Supporter
    I would love a .32 acp conversion barrel for my old LCP. Would be a much nicer gun to shoot and would maybe pick up one more round in the magazine. Plus I have a pile of Geco .32 Ball.

Bad range day today for my LCP II 22. Had several failures to feed with CCI MiniMag RNs jumping up the feed ramp and laying across the mouth of the chamber. First jams ever with it and CCI ammo. Need to try it again with CCI SV and MiniMag HPs next trip. Still really like it for a grass mowing / yard work gun, but not for defensive carry at this point.

Hammertime
    I go back and forth on this. Certainly the LCP 22 is very easy to shoot and, while cleaned and properly lubricated very reliable. But as @behindblueeyes says in the small caliber thread: .22 doesn't reliably break bones while .380 will. I still carry the .380 version when I pocket carry.

User Tag List