Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP annouced in 22LR!

I bought one of these and my example has me pretty impressed. Right out of the box it ran 200 rounds just fine and the sights are regulated and I'm getting hits at 50-70 yards on steel. If this thing keeps running solid, I might even carry the little sucker concealed sometimes.

I shot a 5 shot group for accuracy test at 25, had one called flier so I shot a 6th round and the best 5 were in a 2 7/8 inch group with a couple stacked at my aim point.

Mines up to 400 rounds now with the only malfunction being a pre-mature slide lockback which I am nearly positive was caused by my grip.

A little lightweight 11 round 22 that I can shoot with my normal thumbs forward grip is interesting to me for the times when a J-Frame doesn't fit the bill. I also like shooting the "double wizard" drill with this thing... same 2.5 second time limit but firing 2 rounds into the designated target area instead of 1.

Its basically a "Beretta Tomcat 2.0"

Pocketed the freshly cleaned and lubed Ruger on my walk and ran 30 rounds of Geco Semi-Auto, today. Started 10+1, reloaded with a full 10, reloaded with another 10, but fired nine to leave one up the spout over my fourth and final magazine for the walk back home. Seemed promising so will check POI at 25 yards and run some more. Ligh recoil compares to some loads and no burning powder speweing out the top to sting one's arms, so far. Having had no trouble pegging scraps of forrest litter bounced out to ten yards, I'm optimistic about sight regulation and possibly having a good load.

I did hate loading the magazines with this stuff, though. It's one of the cartridges where bullet and case are both greased so my hands were a slippery mess. If it hits to POA and runs reliably, it'll be a small price to pay. Also hoping a pocketed spare won't rub enough grease off the exposed round to cause stoppages, not that this is a carry gun or even in consideration for a role in which a spare would be carried.

Spun back to the same spot on today's walk. Forty-one more rounds downrange. At 25 yards, the Geco Semi-Auto prints into the top half of the 12" circle I'd hung up. At 15 yards, the load prints into the top half of the 3" aiming spot I'd colored into it. Point of impact seems agreeable if not perfect. Still no burning embers, report definitely milder than Mini-Mag/Stinger/Velocitor type loads, and mild recoil. Gun was not cleaned after the last range session, indeed it was left loaded, and is up to 71 rounds and zero stoppages.

Just need to keep my fingers crossed as I vet reliability. Hope to finally have found a go-to load.

It also carries great but that is pretty much a given. Decided I could do with a swim and bushwhacked to a nearish trail up to a mountainside brook. Finished hiking to the pool at the base of a fall but a bunch of people were about so just humped my pack back home rather than cache guns and knapsack of ammo in a crowd. Didn't get my dunk in refreshing mountain water but did at least log some miles and go shooting.

I'd questioned the rimfire LCP II as a kit gun. Still do if one is concerned about meat for the pot. But as a recreational piece and possible extra bit of protection that could stand a chance of bagging small game, it seems a reasonable choice to consider.

Another 41 rounds of Geco Semi-Auto downrange for a total of 112 since the last cleaning. No stoppages, so far. Shot various things from roughly 2.5" square bits of wood at four yards up to about a half sheet of paper sized balanced rock at 15. All standing with about 50% fired freestyle, 25% strong hand only, and 25% weak hand only. The gun again put multiple hits on the 15 yard large rock as it was tipping off the boulder I'd balanced it atop.

Starting to get my hopes up with this ammo. Also want to try it in my even more finicky Bobcat.

As for the gun, still a ton of fun and worth the pricetag just for that.

Purchased one a few weeks ago. My wife wanted to have something easy to carry when walking the dog. We got 30 rounds through it and the trigger died. I could press the trigger all the way to the trigger stop and the hammer wouldn’t drop. Sent it back to Ruger and they replaced the trigger bar, sear and rear trigger pin. Got it back earlier this week and took it to the range yesterday. Now, with a deliberate press the trigger bar slides past the sear and doesn’t fire. If I pull the trigger quickly it will fire. Anyone else have this issue?

https://vimeo.com/439820968
    Last edited by davisj; 07-19-2020 at 06:30 PM.

Tried that with mine and it worked fine.

But mine isn't without issues. Got a failure to fire with today's batch of 41 Geco Semi-Auto. I'll be calling Ruger, this week. If they take it back gor service, I'll start right back up with tesing the Geco. Then Interceptor and on to Velocitor if I can score some more.

I called Ruger yesterday, explained the problem and sent them the video. They told me to send it back. I’ve requested a new pistol given this is the second trip back for a trigger/sear issue that causes the gun not to fire. I should know something by the end of the week.

https://gallowayprecision.com/ruger/...lcp-ii-pistols

Buddy of mine tried this and thus far he has zero light strikes since the parts swap. Only about 250 rounds in but it’s looking promising.

That looks the ticket. Will give it a go before I badger Ruger directly.

User Tag List