Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP annouced in 22LR!

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    Angled but neither ad much nor going as far up the extractor. Looks wonky on the flat toward the breech face. Also had extraction issues.

Who wants to contact Ruger, first?
    I already sent email. Likely they will respond telling me to call tomorrow. Will keep you all posted.

When I had the extractor out and inspected the cartridge grabbing side of it the angle looked like it was designed in and not a break. Maybe a running change? Either way it slips off when I pull a case by hand, and the gun had zero problems extracting until recently.

I think it is broken. Will request they send a new one out which they have been willing to do for .380 versions in the past. I would be willing to buy a few but can not find them for sale.

Site Supporter

Error

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Please post a link because all I see are the .380 extractors which are not the same at all.
    Doc, I made a careless error despite having higher than 8th grade reading level. Shop Ruger lists 380 extractors only as you stated.

Site Supporter
    I already sent email. Likely they will respond telling me to call tomorrow. Will keep you all posted.

When I had the extractor out and inspected the cartridge grabbing side of it the angle looked like it was designed in and not a break. Maybe a running change? Either way it slips off when I pull a case by hand, and the gun had zero problems extracting until recently.

I think it is broken. Will request they send a new one out which they have been willing to do for .380 versions in the past. I would be willing to buy a few but can not find them for sale.
    If you have not yet sent the request, I urge you to ask for a new plunger and spring so that the entire works there can be replaced.

Hammertime
    Ruger CS is happy to send out a replacment. But they are out of parts. Will send when available. And I will report if it makes a difference.

Hammertime
    Alright I have to apologize to this pistol. It just needed a more thorough cleaning than I had been giving it.

Today was 305 rounds of full 11 round capacity mag dumps starting with a clean gun. I had a single FTE at round 245. That is about all one can ask.

I think I had not been giving the chamber enough attention during cleaning. I just usually run a Qtip down it and call it good. Prior to today I took a good look inside and it had some grunge that required solvent and brass brush to remove.

My current test for “clean enough” is when a .22 round will plunk fully in to the chamber and fall right out with gravity with the barrel removed.

I am not sure the extractor does a whole lot so a sticky chamber can be problematic.

It for sure failed the plunk test after 305 rounds, but was still running.
    Name:  8C2870A1-7FEF-42C4-9E00-794B328FA94F.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  48.5 KB

I think I want another one for carry.

Hammertime
    I found this article very helpful and it confirmed a lot of best practices for running this little .22.

https://tacticalprofessor.wordpress....king-with-22s/

I found this article very helpful and it confirmed a lot of best practices for running this little .22.

https://tacticalprofessor.wordpress....king-with-22s/
    What's your take on the dry lube suggestion? I toyed with dry lube years ago in the cold Iowa winters but now use synthetic lube year round. I've had no issues with any of my .22s but like to go with best-practice when I can.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    What's your take on the dry lube suggestion? I toyed with dry lube years ago in the cold Iowa winters but now use synthetic lube year round. I've had no issues with any of my .22s but like to go with best-practice when I can.
    No experience but this LCP likes to be pretty dry and clean. I am barely lubing it and then wiping most of that off.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    What's your take on the dry lube suggestion?
    I've been using Hornady One Shot cleaner and dry lube on my 10-22s. Seems to keep them clean. I cleaned my 10-22, applied One Shot and I've been treating it like a Glock with no problems.

Hammertime
    Forgot to post these last week:

Name:  08B19CCF-2674-448C-BC82-5310EB2B5083.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  41.9 KB
    Name:  A9E5DA94-3254-4EC4-9641-007A4154AF6E.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  35.4 KB
    Name:  65FBF565-6D21-4C7E-AEE2-70313A3B6FF0.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  33.5 KB

These are acceptable shooting performance numbers but reliability still is 99%. Two misfeeds in 190 rounds.

I also solved the only one magazine issue:

Name:  CF5DAA6A-58BC-4778-85AF-403236B77F0E.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  68.7 KB

User Tag List