Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP annouced in 22LR!

American Rifleman Review:

https://www.americanrifleman.org/con...-ii-lite-rack/

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I shoot mine 50 rounds every week, and as someone somewhere said, "it's boringly reliable."

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    LCP II .22: 250 more rounds of Aguila 40 grain as fast as I could reload mag. Fast, easy to shoot, accurate, and totally reliable for the last 500 rounds. There is a lot to like with this pistol. Glad I stuck with it and the light lube suggestion is solid gold.

Attachment 64173
    The KEY to .22 autos is light lube & a CLP called Eezox. Just lightly lube and your GTG. I swear by this stuff. In addition to being the best thing for RF Ops, it was #1 for rust prevention, so you can use it to wipe down all your Guns. Get it on Amazon last I checked.

I'm a RF Fanatic & always have been thanks to my old G.I Grandfathers who liked to shoot all the time, but couldn't stand to spend the dollars on CF. They always said that RF's were the most fun thing to shoot & I'm thinking they were right.

Hammertime
    Still enjoying the LCP 22. For me it runs best clean, but completely dry of any sort of lube.

After 3000 rounds I added a Galloway spring kit with +10% hammer and +10% extractor and -10% firing pin springs in the hopes of getting rid of the occasional unfired primer. This is happening primarily with minimags.

Today was 200 rounds in 19 mags, so pretty rapid fire and it got hot. No issues but four minimags failed to ignite. One of those fired second time and the other three were good solid duds that would not fire after multiple hits in multiple guns. I have a bunch of the minimag stuff that I just can't trust.

The last 100 rounds though were trouble free and I saved ten velocitors for last and they ran just fine.

I think the gun is probably solid and my ammo is suspect despite the CCI reputation. I am not sure the spring kit did anything at all. I no longer have any other sort of malfunction except failures to ignite since I stopped lubricating it. I also note that dirt does not accumulate all that much on the rails, nor does there seem to be any wear.

This thread has been a good read. Seeing reports of this pistol providing reliable service over significant round counts (and the sort of maintenance required for that level of reliabilty) is appreciated.

I've been considering one of these as a backup gun. I have an LCP I in .380 that has proven very reliable. I like the form factor on the LCP, particularly for back pocket carry, but the recoil from defensive power .380 is pretty unpleasant. I've tried a Hogue grip on it, which helps mitigate the recoil but adds substantially to the form factor.

I had considered the LCP II in 22LR as an option to provide the form factor with more manageable recoil. Looks like it really could be viable.

Hammertime
    I put another 100 reliable rounds through the LCP2 at a dusty outdoor range. No drama.

I pocket carried it on a hike recently. I had two thoughts the entire time:

1. It just doesn’t feel like enough cartridge and I definitely felt “under-gunned”

2. I had to resist the constant urge to snatch that thing out of the pocket and plink at everything in sight.

Mine will choke on everything I've tried except Minimags. All the Fail to feeds catch on the top of the barrel hood using 5 different mags.
    Minimags feed perfectly but I'm having a persistent light strike rate of @2%.
    The Galloway extra power kit has had one light strike in the last hundred rounds, so a minor(perhaps premature?) improvement.
    Still thinking about sending it in.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Mine will choke on everything I've tried except Minimags. All the Fail to feeds catch on the top of the barrel hood using 5 different mags.
    Minimags feed perfectly but I'm having a persistent light strike rate of @2%.
    The Galloway extra power kit has had one light strike in the last hundred rounds, so a minor(perhaps premature?) improvement.
    That almost sounds like a slightly out of spec barrel. But this would be my most undesireable scenario, a pocket 22 that wasn't reliable.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I put another 100 reliable rounds through the LCP2 at a dusty outdoor range. No drama.

I pocket carried it on a hike recently. I had two thoughts the entire time:

1. It just doesn’t feel like enough cartridge and I definitely felt “under-gunned”

2. I had to resist the constant urge to snatch that thing out of the pocket and plink at everything in sight.
    Perfectly natural. .22LR rounds emit a low-level psychoactive field that causes feelings of heightened aggression toward soda cans, milk jugs, tree stumps, and paper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    I'd have Ruger on the phone first thing in the morning...you've been more than patient with it.

User Tag List