Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP annouced in 22LR!

Its frustrating but it seems hit or miss with them. My LCP .22 is great, in fact really makes alot more sense than my .25s and little .22 beretta. My LCP Max sucked ass, poor choppy machining of slide with metal splintering, got it back with new slide and it looked better, but they didnt center the rear sight amd the whole thing was jacked up. It would fire when the trigger was held all way to max take up then drop striker after a fleeting pause. Got rid of that POS and havent revisited that disaster though others rave.

Big fan of mine. I put the Galloway kit in early, and have had no problems with it since. Mostly Stingers for carry and Aguila HV for practice.

I had Innovative Arms add their excellent sights:

And now it's one of my favorites for pocket carry if I'm wearing lightweight shorts, and my wife loves it for her walks.

And here it is in my favorite configuration:

Great little weapon.

Hammertime
    I got a brand new second one. Took out the mag and thumb safeties.

Shot 20 mags through it rapidly and had zero, ZERO malfunctions. I didn’t expect that. Good to go.

My first one had some failures to light. That seems corrected with a Galloway Spring kit after 3500 rounds.

Run them clean and dry and they seem to work great.

Site Supporter
    What are people's current thoughts on these?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    What are people's current thoughts on these?
    Still very positive. Get yourself one.

Hammertime
    I put 50 rounds through with a Mist suppressor. I had more than a few short stroke malfunctions.

Ruger supplies a heavier recoil spring with their threaded barrel kit. That is what I had installed but it is too heavy. I reinstalled the standard blue recoil spring and we’ll see what happens.

It’s quiet but you can not see the sights and it tends to throw junk back into your face. I don’t think I will use this pistol as a suppressor host often, if ever again besides function checking the lighter spring. The Glock 44 is way better for this purpose.

I'm at 3000 rounds through mine. With HV Minimags it cycles 100% with about a half percent ignition failure rate.
    I've been using it as a subcaliber trainer to my .380, both for hand pain and the cost of ammo.
    To that end I shoot a variety of single shot drills, alternating 2 hands and strong hand only, from the pocket starting hands relaxed or "covered low ready."
    I do dry practice with the centerfire.
    I also bought 500 Aguila .22 Colibri that I am going to use for "scored" dryfire in my basement on rainy days when I've just gotta shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    I'm at 3000 rounds through mine. With HV Minimags it cycles 100% with about a half percent ignition failure rate.
    I've been using it as a subcaliber trainer to my .380, both for hand pain and the cost of ammo.
    To that end I shoot a variety of single shot drills, alternating 2 hands and strong hand only, from the pocket starting hands relaxed or "covered low ready."
    I do dry practice with the centerfire.
    I also bought 500 Aguila .22 Colibri that I am going to use for "scored" dryfire in my basement on rainy days when I've just gotta shoot.
    Enjoy but be sure to track every one of those Colibris in a blowback autoloader. I had one stick in the barrel of my G44.

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Suggs View Post
    Still very positive. Get yourself one.
    This thread worked on me. Messaged my LGS and they have one coming in from their distributor for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSixPack View Post
    Enjoy but be sure to track every one of those Colibris in a blowback autoloader. I had one stick in the barrel of my G44.
    They're clearing the short barrel just fine but 100 rounds was enough to lead the chamber enough to not chamber a Long Rifle.
    Duh.
    Note to self...

User Tag List