Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP annouced in 22LR!

I now have 1,000 rounds thru mine. 100% reliability.
    I really like this little pistol. Easy to hit,easy to shoot, and unnoticeable in a pocket.
    My example is accurate and shoots to the sights.

I did use a safe side file and widened the rear notch and painted the front orange. Old eyes

Dandy little blaster

Mine is still at Ruger, for the second time. Purchased July 3rd, they’ve had it in for service longer than I’ve had it in my possession. Talked with a customer service rep yesterday, was told they’re still trying to figure out what to do with it. I suggested they send me a new one and then they can take as long as they like to make a decision about what is wrong with it.

First and last Ruger for me. I’ll stick with Glocks even though they don’t make a comparable size 22.

Quote Originally Posted by davisj View Post

First and last Ruger for me.
    Ruger's customer service is usually top notch, in my experience.

With that said, I agree they should just warranty the gun and send you a replacement.

Received notice from Ruger today that they are replacing the gun. Unfortunately I’m on the hook for the transfer fee so I’m requesting an extra magazine to cover that cost as the defect was on their end, not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    https://gallowayprecision.com/ruger/...lcp-ii-pistols

Buddy of mine tried this and thus far he has zero light strikes since the parts swap. Only about 250 rounds in but it’s looking promising.
    Mine was delivered while I was at work. Just finished dryfire function checking the trigger, magazine disconnect, and safety in my gun after the post-supper installation. The fire control group is a Rube Goldbergian pain but it all seems kosher. As a point of clarification for one very poorly made point in the video guide, you are gently prying the gripframe to clear the serial number plaque which is raised into the cutout. You just need to get it clear and you're set to argue with springs and fiddly bits. Safety squints advised as a bunch of parts are under spring tension.

Tomorrow evening, I will load all four mags plus one in chamber of Interceptor and bring enough Velocitor, Stinger, and Winchester Varmint HE to quickly check function for a couple mags each. Plan to brush the chamber between each ammo type if I manage to remember. Fingers crossed in the meantime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by davisj View Post
    Received notice from Ruger today that they are replacing the gun. Unfortunately I’m on the hook for the transfer fee so I’m requesting an extra magazine to cover that cost as the defect was on their end, not mine.
    What was wrong with it?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    What was wrong with it?
    See post #116 and video.

Ruger replaced the pistol. I picked the new one up Thursday but haven’t made it to the range yet.

Bit over one hundred more rounds downrange, today. Five rounds each Interceptor, Stinger, and Winchester HE at 25 yards to check POI. The Interceptor went high but I had difficult lighting with partially shaded target and direct sunligt on my front sight. May have let the front post drift up but didn't have time to recheck. Stinger and HE both a touch right but pretty much on for elevation. The HE grouped the best of the three.

Then shot a 36 round course of fire from one of HeadHunter's e-books. I started loaded 10+1 and performed emergency reloads as the slide locked to the rear. Used a mixture of Stinger and HE at a set seven yards. Target composed of six B-27 ten rings with the X ring shaded as an aiming point. Course of fire worked gigh compressed ready and draws. Strings of six shots slowfire, singles, doubles, and a quicker six shots. I timed everything but the slowfire and made some notes.

HeadHunter's course of fire ended with Los Angeles Police Department's retiree qualification. I just used a QIT-99 trace with a 6" paper plate stapled high center chest and a 3x5 card headbox. Aiming spot drawn on the plate. Drew to a single shot to the plate then down to low ready. From low ready, shot a double to the chest, back down to ready, and then a Mozambique before crunching to a gigj compressed ready. Punched out for a final four shots on the plate. This bit was an obvious gimme but gave me a few more repetitions with the safety, playing with a nonstandard response drill, and introduced both a tighter scoring zone of different shape Nd presentation as well as a target transition. The yellow nail polish on my front sight tracks pretty well.

Taped the headshot, stapled another marked plate over the first, and shot Ohio's police handgun qual. Low roundcont, movement on the draw to help foul my grip, retwntion shooting, and ended at 50 feet as I didn't really feel like revisiting the 25 yard line in a time crunch. Started with Winchester HE and had a bugger of a feedway stoppage after the first retention shot. A tap-rack-bang did not clear it and I had to drop the magazine as in a doublefeed. Then got a failure to fire on my second attempt. Emptied the HE from my magazines and continued with a mixture of Interceptor and Stinger with no further problems. Dropped three shots off the plate. One rushing strong-hand only, and the two from the fifty foot line which I also rushed.

One vaguely interesting note was the third attemot at shooting from retention. The CCI Stingers gave the target some impressive powder stippling. One through the index card despite all three bullets hitting the plate. And some particles penetrated both the plate and heavy cardstock target. May just be a .22 but has a some defijite muzzle blast.

No problems from every mag being dropped in the dirt at least once. Despite deciding against brushing the barrel at any point, the Stinger and Interceptor ran just fine. I'll gave to squeak a few more of each from my meager rainy day stash to have abother range trip before I say they run reliably, however. It does at least feel like this spring kit may save the gun from a return to manufacturer, at least.

This little thing is a decided project but is at least a ton of fun. Bummer that I've had to totally disqualify the Winchester Varmint HE for unreliability, though. The load shoots well otherwise.

Ran 71 rounds of a forgotten assortment of the better looking loads in the gun. After the last shot in one string, I found myself focusing on the back of the slide. Was confused why I wasn't on the sights or target before my conscious caught up with my having felt significant drag on my support hand thumb while the slide cycled. Sure enough, I had induced a failure to eject.

To get some distance, break from the project, and find more perspecitve, I handed the Lite Rackoff to a buddy who had a week off. He ran the 100 rounds I gave him and 100 of his own with no cleaning. With one load, he found POI to match POA at 50 yards but he forgot what it was. No reported stoppages.

I just ran 46 rounds of Aguila Super Extra and it seems like another promising load. May have been the gusting wind and lighting but windage was dead on with bullets impacting 4"-5" high at 25 yards. Have yet to measure but group looks to be in the neighborhood of three inches. Worked 4" circular headshots, both fully exposed and half-covered by a no-shoot, from four to seven yards. Then strong-hand-only shots to a B-27 10 ring five yards distant from a left lateral recumbent position as if I'd buggered my left wrist flopping on a bicycle. Then a 7-12 yard target array of various rocks and forest detritus propped up. And finished with a partial magazine slowfire at four yards without my glasses.

No stoppages since I handed the gun off despite several hundred rounds down the pipe since last cleaning. The spring kit seems, so far, to have fixed the little pocket rocket.

My German eyeball needs calibration. Twenty-five yard group measured 1.9" which I probably couldn't repeat, particularly two handed standing as I was.

User Tag List