Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Ruger LCP annouced in 22LR!

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Penetration data is what I want, I wouldn't expect .22 to expand and penetrate much at all. If I understand the criticism against Clear Ballistics it doesn't measure either penetration or expansion correctly.
    The single calibrated ordnance result I found was one Velocitor fired by Werner from a Beretta 21A at an ammo manufacturer demo. It went 17 inches. But it was only one shot probably 10-12 years ago.
    I would send Chuck Haggard a message/comment on IG.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Penetration data is what I want, I wouldn't expect .22 to expand and penetrate much at all. If I understand the criticism against Clear Ballistics it doesn't measure either penetration or expansion correctly.
    The single calibrated ordnance result I found was one Velocitor fired by Werner from a Beretta 21A at an ammo manufacturer demo. It went 17 inches. But it was only one shot probably 10-12 years ago.
    Most will get you at least 12" of penetration, if they don't expand. If you are worried about it, just use a RN or solid bullet, not a hollow point. Treat it like .32 ACP or .380: "ball" ammo only. Don't overthink it.

Unfortunately, not many places are going to go to the trouble of full on 10% FBI type tests for rimfire ammo. Just not enough demand for that sort of thing to be economically viable. Clear gel can give you some idea of what the bullets will do, but its not as good (or as repeatable) as real 10% jello.

Quote Originally Posted by PTSDog View Post
    Try CCI 40GR SOLIDS. I got the best results with those and Aguilia ammo.
    That’s exactly the load I used. CCI Mini Mag 40gr. I’ve put hundreds through the pistol with no issues using the stock mag.

I’ll give everything a good cleaning and try again. Just curious if this was a known issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
    That’s exactly the load I used. CCI Mini Mag 40gr. I’ve put hundreds through the pistol with no issues using the stock mag.

I’ll give everything a good cleaning and try again. Just curious if this was a known issue.
    Weird. In my two, they ran great with that mag. In fact, was going to order three more extensions if I kept them. But, now I think about it, both of my Lite Racks had GP triggers and springs. So might have helped or been an improvement over close springs and extended mag setup. I didn’t test them both ways.

Also, I had ordered three bricks each of the 40gr Target and 36gr Mini Mags from CCI last year and ALL six of them gave me fits. The poorest quality 22lr ammo I have shot since the 2008 shortage. Gave me malfunctions in my G44, TX22, Compact TX22, earlier owned Lite Rack, MKIV, SW Compact, and SW Victory. Only thing that those would run in was my M&P AR15-22 and 10/22. When I finally got rid of them, I switched to Aguila SEs for my range ammo.
    Professionally Trained Service Dog. Not dogs with issues! LOL unless you are talking about my mutts.

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    Mine has trouble with Fed Punch. I shot 200 rounds of CCI Mini Mag with no problems the other day. I'll probably try CCI Velocitor to see if it works.

I had to install a Galloway spring kit to get reliable ignition with anything.

It's still an experiment for me for now. I doubt it will replace my 43c anytime soon.
    I keep shooting my LCP II 22. I now have 900 rounds of Mini Mags through it with only 3 or 4 light hits. That's almost good enough for carry. This pistol is crazy accurate and easy to shoot.

I saw on another forum the other day that I could get a steel firing pin on EBay to replace the factory titanium one. $25. I ordered one and installed it today. The new pin gives a much more positive strike and better placed on the rim. The factory strike was almost off the edge of the rim. I'll let you decide which brass has the old and new pin installed.

Name:  IMG_1113.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  44.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    Most will get you at least 12" of penetration, if they don't expand. If you are worried about it, just use a RN or solid bullet, not a hollow point. Treat it like .32 ACP or .380: "ball" ammo only. Don't overthink it.

Unfortunately, not many places are going to go to the trouble of full on 10% FBI type tests for rimfire ammo. Just not enough demand for that sort of thing to be economically viable. Clear gel can give you some idea of what the bullets will do, but its not as good (or as repeatable) as real 10% jello.
    I wish CCI would make a polymer coated Hardcast .22lr for defense.

OSS / CIA / SOG used a special lot of FMJ .22lr that likewise would probably be better for both bone penetration and feeding reliability.

https://forum.cartridgecollectors.or...pistol/24420/7

User Tag List