Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP annouced in 22LR!

Ruger LCP annouced in 22LR!

Seems this was missed in all the speculation about the 5.7x28.

Anyway, a little pistol like this should have broad market appeal. A good trainer for those with the .380 version. Use it to teach the kid/wife/grandmother the basics, etc. Plus it should be a nice little carry gun for those crazy enough to walk around with a .22 in a defensive role...

https://ruger.com/products/lcpII/specSheets/13705.html

Site Supporter
    This would be a nice pocket plinker for "targets of opportunity" while out woods bumming. I wonder if it's accurate enough for small game at close distances (ie under 25yds)...

Shame it didn't have a threaded barrel. Gun in one pocket and can in another pocket...

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    This would be a nice pocket plinker for "targets of opportunity" while out woods bumming. I wonder if it's accurate enough for small game at close distances (ie under 25yds)...

Shame it didn't have a threaded barrel. Gun in one pocket and can in another pocket...

Chris
    I'd guess it would need adjustable sights to be really effective as a small game pistol.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I'd guess it would need adjustable sights to be really effective as a small game pistol.
    I wouldn't go out hunting with the little gun, but if I were out doing other things during small game season and a squirrel was being persistent nearby, and I had a vetted load in the gun, I might give it a shot, no pun intended.

But for dedicated hunting, no way.

Chris

Site Supporter
    Interesting that they added a manual safety on the 22. I wonder if they will add that to the 380 as well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Manual safety is oriented in a push-forward-to-fire configuration that is instinctive and unobtrusive.

Say what?
    I've been pushing down on safeties for several decades, so I am not the best reference, but that just ain't right.
    Maybe a beginner or a Glocker will let us know how "instinctive" it is.

Never mind, video is the death knell.
    Last edited by Jim Watson; 12-30-2019 at 12:24 PM.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

If it works, Ruger just printed their own money. There were a number of years that the LCP outsold pretty much everything else.

I’m more intrigued by the little Ruger than the big Glock, myself.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    • Manual safety is oriented in a push-forward-to-fire configuration that is instinctive and unobtrusive.

Say what?
    I've been pushing down on safeties for several decades, so I am not the best reference, but that just ain't right.
    Maybe a beginner or a Glocker will let us know how "instinctive" it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    Interesting that they added a manual safety on the 22. I wonder if they will add that to the 380 as well.
    Ruger's always seemed bipolar with their thumb safeties. The SR9 safety sucks and the Security 9 isn't much better.

I think the official company stance is the safety is meant to be ignored but can be used if someone feels so inclined. Seems counterproductive when a minor engineering change could something more useful.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

User Tag List