Thread: Fort Bend sheriff: Molotov cocktails thrown at sergeant's house, car

Site Supporter

Fort Bend sheriff: Molotov cocktails thrown at sergeant's house, car

https://m.chron.com/news/houston-tex...vewOboLkj6H7Wk

Two improvised explosives were thrown at the property of a Fort Bend County Sheriff’s Office sergeant this week, according to law-enforcement officials.

“This is a dangerous game people are playing,” Fort Bend Sheriff Troy Nehls said. “Its scary. It’s sad and we’re on top of this investigation.
    On Monday night, the sergeant, who has not been publicly identified, awoke to part of his house on fire. An investigation determined a molotov cocktail was thrown at the front window of the home. No one was injured, he said.

Around 3 a.m. on Sunday, another molotov cocktail was thrown at a car parked in the driveway of the same property, said Nehls. Within minutes, the car was up in flames, he added.
    How common is retaliation or harassment from suspects or former suspects in your area or with your agency?
    Last edited by HCM; 12-29-2019 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

https://m.chron.com/news/houston-tex...vewOboLkj6H7Wk

How common is retaliation or harassment from suspects or former suspects in your area or with your agency?
    Pretty rare in my area. Off hand, I can think of some idle threats/harassment and the occasional window busted out of a marked patrol car in someone's driveway. But I can't think of anything to this level in my area.

I'll say I'm surprised we have not seen much of this.

Not common around here. But many officers do go through the effort to not have their addresses listed on the county property tax appraiser website and will have DL address changed to the station or jail address. I guess that's better than nothing but it's pretty hard to stay completely anonymous now.

Quote Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
    Not common around here. But many officers do go through the effort to not have their addresses listed on the county property tax appraiser website and will have DL address changed to the station or jail address. I guess that's better than nothing but it's pretty hard to stay completely anonymous now.
    True; it is so very difficult to remain anonymous. By the time the law allowed property tax records and driver’s license records to be protected, the cat was already out of the bag with other publicly-viewable records. For quite a while, my name was attached to very little, as most things were in my wife’s name, minus my surname, so the main concern was that my parents’ places might be targeted, but, eventually, everything gets meshed together; they don’t call it the “world-wide-web” for nothing.

The “G” in my user name is a very unusual surname, a Gallicized variant of an unusual Germanic family name, which simplifies internet searches, if folks plug my name into the search engine. Even in retirement, I have to be concerned about retaliation, as folks might want to serve a cold dish of revenge. Actually, because my wife worked death scenes, for the M.E., trouble could some from that angle, too.
    Last edited by Rex G; 12-30-2019 at 07:25 AM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

[QUOTE=HCM;972605

How common is retaliation or harassment from suspects or former suspects in your area or with your agency?[/QUOTE]

This occurred in a neighboring county, so is local. Incidents of retaliation have not been notably frequent, in recent years. In the Eighties, before the internet allowed easy name searches, there were some arsons at the homes of some number of Harris County deputies.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

We had some random car vandalism, usually because a guy parked on the street and someone saw him get out in uniform. Other than that, no big problems, but it was pretty easy to hide prior to the web. We didn't have take home cars, so we didn't have oil leaking CVPIs in the driveway to attract attention.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    We've had one molotov incident that I'm aware of, and it's been years ago. Mostly just police cars targeted for break-ins.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Mostly just police cars targeted for break-ins.
    About the same in this area.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Site Supporter
    I don’t remember many retaliations against officer's in person, their home or family but damage to vehicles was fairly common. I knew several officers that drove beaters to work for that reason. Our local magistrate court was fire bombed by two idiots that had a hearing coming up. I have had several defendants threaten me and my family. I also have had “former clients” approach me at bars. About half talked shit the other half wanted to buy me a beer. That is why I stopped going to bars; not to mention I am too old. I always worried more about my family but I made sure the wife knew how to shoot and my bull terrier was better than a alarm system

User Tag List