Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Multiple people shot at White Settlement, Texas church

Good work by the fine gentleman to put an end to the threat. Glad none of the other congregants started loosing rounds willy-nilly.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    Those of us who live in the real world know this is the way it should be.
    There will always be evil, and good people should always possess the means to extinguish it.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    There was a lot of really terrible gun handling going on after the fact. A lot of people got guns pointed at them that didn’t need to. There was also a guy trying to hold a gun up under his arm while while using his cell phone.

Good work by the guy that made a pretty long headshot on a moving target, and a sad situation all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    There was a lot of really terrible gun handling going on after the fact. A lot of people got guns pointed at them that didn’t need to. There was also a guy trying to hold a gun up under his arm while while using his cell phone.
    Untrained and semi-trained people have terrible gun handling skills.
    Watch any of hundreds of LE, Mil and civilian shooting videos on the Internet and you'll see that everybody gets muzzled and it's a miracle there aren't more ND's.
    Rarely does someone exhibit solid gun handling, and if they do you're not surprised because the video already showed them taking care of business in a solid way as well.
    Last edited by JodyH; 12-29-2019 at 05:10 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    That is so sad. You can see the guy trying to come to grips with what’s going on at first, then drawing *really* slowly (ability, not intent), while not moving. Heartbreaking, really.
    Heartbreaking, but it seemed like he diverted the shooter's attention long enough for others to get into the fight--my gut feeling is that he saved several lives.

I couldn't tell, but it sounds like someone says "drop it" just before the first shot. It also seemed like the shooter may have been covering the guy closer to him before the verbal challenge, which seems to have triggered the first shot more than the drawing motion did. Maybe he drew fire away from the unarmed target?

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Solid work by modified weaver guy. As we all know, it’s entirely possible to miss a moving target at that distance.
    Hell of a shot, and great post-shooting demeanor: moving and thinking while others were still processing, not sweeping no-shoots, covering the threat, securing the weapon, and what seemed to be communication with other parishioners. With the other responders there was a definite cross-fire and some other issues, but overall a good response from the crowd and good to see so many members armed and willing to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    CNN said the defender was a retired Federal agent. However, too early to know for real.
    In the about 30 minutes since I learned of this it went from CNN's lead story (of course mixed in with other "gun violence" headlines) to disappearing completely from their site with the headline about a hot spot in the Pacific Ocean, but not shocked that while it was up they would do whatever they could to avoid portraying the guy who stopped the fight as an armed civilian. But no AR and civilian guns preventing a massacre? Nothing to see here...

Also streamable has already pulled the video...

Quote Originally Posted by Sero Sed Serio View Post
    Won't get pulled from here (NSFW website!): https://leakreality.com/video/105990...ttlement-texas
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Heartbreaking, but it seemed like he diverted the shooter's attention long enough for others to get into the fight--my gut feeling is that he saved several lives.
    Absolutely, at his own expense.

In the about 30 minutes since I learned of this it went from CNN's lead story (of course mixed in with other "gun violence" headlines) to disappearing completely from their site with the headline about a hot spot in the Pacific Ocean, but not shocked that while it was up they would do whatever they could to avoid portraying the guy who stopped the fight as an armed civilian. But no AR and civilian guns preventing a massacre? Nothing to see here...

Doesn’t fit the agenda of the folks who own the media—and I’m not just talking ‘narrative," here, I’m talking permanent elite class stuff. Guys who don’t mind getting their own cognitive hands dirty will always be able to drop into internet crawlspaces, like Jody’s link, and have a look around but this will vaporize from mainstream media, because it doesn’t meet a need. JMO.

Man, I’m full of opinions today... I freely admit that I got up on the wrong side of the bed.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Won't get pulled from here (NSFW website!): https://leakreality.com/video/105990...ttlement-texas
    They picked a bad spot for their watermark. Covers the gentleman who saved the day.
    Last edited by El Cid; 12-29-2019 at 06:04 PM.

Accuracy Matters!

I also think that shot was not a given. It 's one thing to shoot at a cardboard target after several dry fire iterations, and by your 4th stage of the match you start to settle in; it's something else with lead flying around and people's life's are at stake. I'm glad that someone with a real skill set was able to end the threat.

User Tag List