Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Multiple people shot at White Settlement, Texas church

This dude was on point. He probably knew a lot of the people that were also carrying. He is well trained and also knew that sometimes making sure that he had a clean shot before he drew is the best bet. I think he simply was processing the situation and when he felt it safest he drew and put down the scumbag. Bravo to him in my eyes.

Ain’t no keyboard warrior there. He trained and he executed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Lots of tactical virtue signaling going on. Of course, all folks who walk around in Condition Orange, would have blah, blah, blah. I'm with GJM. A two second draw from already being prepped for a signal, with a known target, etc. is not the same as this situation in terms of information processing, perception and reaction time. Getting a sight picture and making a difficult shot (including figuring out that this was the best option) - all takes time. It was in fact impressive that he did that.

Folks were more positive on George Zimmerman's draw stroke. That's sarcasm.
    Well said Glenn. At the end of the day, many of us could only hope to do as well.
    It was clean, on a live, moving target.

With no precursors to cue you up that an attack is imminent, that data dump on the brain is going to be huge.

I guess that is what the "shooting at the speed of thought' looks like.

I'm sure he could have shaved a full second off his time if some one would have been gracious enough to give him a "shooter ready".
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Site Supporter
    I am completely unable to understand the criticism being leveled at Wilson for being 'slow.'

Is it that the person making those statements just hasn't lived much yet? Or have they not yet been in situations where instantaneous and violent understanding, decision-making, and physical reactions are required?

I've had my life saved twice by men who had presence of mind when it mattered. I know of two times where I've done the same for another. (I'm talking machinery here; stuff that will chew a person up and spit soup out the other end when things go wrong. This isn't driving a car where everything has been engineered to give you a fighting chance to live even if you're a complete idiot.)

One of my family members and two of my previous co-workers have been violently killed over the years when they lost the race between time and understanding. No mind-altering substances were involved. Sometimes we run up against the thing that we're just not equipped to survive. Such was the case with the two ushers who were killed here. It wasn't Wilson's fault.

I get the feeling that a lot of people on the internet have never been anywhere close, not within a mile of, anything remotely resembling a real life or death situation where only they hold the controls and there's no warning that it's about to happen. So out of touch that they don't know what they don't know. I love shooting, and I'm acceptable at it, but playing gun games against a timer doesn't give you much insight into what it's like to watch things go horribly wrong in real life. The man's speed and accuracy of reaction are to be praised.

Chuck Pressburg allows 3.5 seconds for a 25 yard No Fail pistol shot.

Mr. Wilson had just watched two friends eat lead. If they were your friends do you get a pause to say, Fuck! Your mind/emotions just might interrupt what you are setting out to do.

Seeing the elephant and running the OODA loop for real is a little different than, Shooter ready, Beep. He had to shoot over moving people on a moving target and stated he needed to wait for a "window". He stated that the head was the only shot he had available. He hit what he aimed at, No Fail. If you watched the video above to the end what Chuck described as the imposed consequences of a Fail was on a paper, Wilson's target was real.

Arguing about the number of seconds elapsed given the circumstances and the outcome is pointless.
    Last edited by JohnO; 01-03-2020 at 12:32 PM.

Site Supporter
    Could I make that shot currently on the range? Probably.

Could I have made that shot in those circumstances, in my current life? No way.

Fast forward 30 years from my current 40 year old body and eyes. No fucking way.

We need to take up a collection and send that man a wallet with “Bad Motherfucker” on it.

Let’s take a moment & refocus . On one hand , the security member made the right move at the right time. On the other, every incident regardless of outcome has points of improvement. Making those points doesn’t change the facts of the event or the outcome. It’s also not a critique about who has or hasn’t seen hostile acts.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Site Supporter
    On the other, every incident regardless of outcome has points of improvement.
    As most every female, has thought about almost every male in some performance circumstances.

You might say it was a 'PERFECT' shot.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 01-03-2020 at 01:30 PM.

It’s worth pointing out that this is the type of shooting problem that @Mr_White covers in his class.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Here's a way to thin the flotsam from this discussion: everyone who's actually shot someone and gone through that mental process and execution feel free to comment. The rest of you keyboard commandos sit down and let the grownups talk, because you don't know shit. Those church folks rose to the occasion and delivered.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Here's a way to thin the flotsam from this discussion: everyone who's actually shot someone and gone through that mental process and execution feel free to comment. The rest of you keyboard commandos sit down and let the grownups talk, because you don't know shit. Those church folks rose to the occasion and delivered.
    I don't know shit. I'll be the first to admit that.

But I would like to remind everyone that Mr. Wilson is 71 years old.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

User Tag List