Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Multiple people shot at White Settlement, Texas church

By this reporting the defender is a very experienced shooter who has taught it before and used his P229 in .357 Sig

https://heavy.com/news/2019/12/jack-...u07GjuFYYDgbI4
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Jack Wilson is running for Office in Hood County TX.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/texas...er-report-says

ASP has a copy without text or watermarks blocking things: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s5NzuG...ctr=1577713022

As good as this outcome was, it appears both church casualties could have been avoided had either of the initial responders had a <2sec reaction/draw to on-target shot. On the other hand, responder #2 was fast enough to prevent the pastor from being hit:

2:37 perp begins to pull shotgun.

2:37.5 Church security guy #1 begins to stand & draw. Church security guy #2 appears to have head bowed in prayer.

~2:38 Church security guy #2 looks up and sees Perp with shotgun leveled at usher.

~2:38.75 Perp begins to turn shotgun toward church security guy #1, who is standing with hand on holstered gun. Church security guy #2's arm begins moving towards his gun.

~2:40 Perp backs away from usher. Church security guy #1 is still standing with hand on holstered gun. Church security guy #2 has bladed his body slightly and now has hand on his holstered gun.

~2:40.9 Church security guy #1 pulls arm up from wasteband, probably with pistol in hand, as Perp fires at him. Church security guy #2 flinches/crouches, putting a hitch in his draw.

~2:41.5 Church security guy #1's hand/pistol goes to his chest and he drops nearly instantly. The congregation drops down. Church security guy #2 continues drawing. Perp returns attention to (frozen in place) usher.

~2:42 Perp shoots usher. Church security guy #2 has cleared holster and has pistol at belly height, muzzle pointed towards perp.

~2:42.5 Church security guy #2 has pistol at eye level, perp begins to move/turn towards pastor

~2:43.25 Church security guy #2 fires, hitting a moving perp in the head. The perp's shotgun appears to discharge simultaneously in the general direction of the pastor.

~2:43.5 perp collapses.

~2:44 church security guy #2 advances

~2:49 church security guy #2 stops just short of the perp, covering him while later motioning others to clear away.

~2:50 church security guy #3 enters frame with gun drawn

~2:53 church security guy #4 enters frame with gun drawn, flagging congregation

~2:56 church security guy #5 enters frame with gun drawn, flagging congregation

~3:02-3:06 church security guy #2 advances to perp and appears to kick away shotgun

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    CNN titles going right to the heart of the matter
    Interesting- the second line in that subtitle now reads "It was one of many recent attacks on people of faith across America", and that's sort of the slant of their coverage. I expected much more of a "guns bad" angle from CNN.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    So a 12+ yard headshot, on a moving target with a DA first shot.

Stud indeed.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    So a 12+ yard headshot, on a moving target with a DA first shot.

Stud indeed.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    +1 he didn’t spend all day on the sights either
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

~13 yard shot on a moving 4"x4", 3 second par time, .357 SIG, double action pull, pretty fucking metal.

Name:  Jack Wilson.jpg
Views: 667
Size:  42.8 KB
    "I'm checking out, somebody throw me in the trash"

t. Frank Reynolds - IASIP

Quote Originally Posted by SsevenN View Post
    ~13 yard shot on a moving 4"x4", 3 second par time, .357 SIG, double action pull, pretty fucking metal.
    5 seconds. He starts his draw just after the perp produces the shotgun and shoots him after the two forward men are down. It was a tough shot indeed and he didn't sit on his sights too long, but it did take him some time to get the gun out and up.
    Makes me wonder how many of us here will draw and shoot at a mere sight of a weapon, vs waiting for an additional confirmation, which in this case means two good men dead.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

TX Lt. Gov. Praises Armed Parishioners, Calls Them ‘Immediate Responders’

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    5 seconds. He starts his draw just after the perp produces the shotgun and shoots him after the two forward men are down. It was a tough shot indeed and he didn't sit on his sights too long, but it did take him some time to get the gun out and up.
    Makes me wonder how many of us here will draw and shoot at a mere sight of a weapon, vs waiting for an additional confirmation, which in this case means two good men dead.
    Personally I worry about that exact "deer in headlights" "OODA Loop" lock up, not sure exactly what I would do, but I imagine dirt napping someone who's in the first few seconds of presenting a firearm, only committing brandishing and threatening related crimes at that moment, well shooting him would cause any of us deep legal troubles without a bunch of luck and context.
    I'm not sure exactly what I'm driving at, but it is kind of fucked up in the sense that it would be difficult to justify lethal action prior to the shooter's first shot, or at least, it would be an expensive process.
    "I'm checking out, somebody throw me in the trash"

t. Frank Reynolds - IASIP

User Tag List