Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Multiple people shot at White Settlement, Texas church

Quote Originally Posted by Clay1 View Post
    I also think that shot was not a given.
    Absolutely not. The man is a stud, retired or not.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

John at active self protection already has a video up on this shooting.

https://youtu.be/s5NzuGSkL2E
    Last edited by Dismas316; 12-29-2019 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Absolutely not. The man is a stud, retired or not.
    Agreed. Low probability shots are a thing, and this guy appears to have put in the requisite time on the range to make one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    Agreed. Low probability shots are a thing, and this guy appears to have put in the requisite time on the range to make one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I thought the same. That was a hell of a shot!

I freely admit that exceeds my current capabilities on demand.
    Last edited by rd62; 12-29-2019 at 07:26 PM.

This is why I have been spending a great deal of time the last few years on long distance accuracy with a handgun. I started noticing more and more how long some of the places I frequent are, easily a good 15 yard shot could be possible. High stress, screaming people all around. That guy is a true hero!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mmfanboy View Post
    This is why I have been spending a great deal of time the last few years on long distance accuracy with a handgun. I started noticing more and more how long some of the places I frequent are, easily a good 15 yard shot could be possible. High stress, screaming people all around. That guy is a true hero!
    That is a good start, but ensure you work it under time pressure as well.

Multiple people shot at White Settlement, Texas church

Quote Originally Posted by 10mmfanboy View Post
    I’m a big proponent of on demand performance,and kudos to you for taking the time to put in the work at distance with a handgun. As HCM suggested, employ par times with these drills. There are no guarantees that a defensive handgun engagement will be in the 1.5 to 7 yards range (internet wisdom aside), so being able to employ your pistol at distance is critically important. It’s not the odds, it’s the stakes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kyle Reese; 12-29-2019 at 08:55 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    There are no guarantees that a defensive handgun engagement will be in the 1.5 to 7 yards (internet wisdom aside), so being able to employ your pistol at distance is critically important.
    I had to go to Lowe's today for something. I had to walk all the way to the back of the store from the front door. When I got to the back of the store, I turned around and noted that the front door was an unimpeded 75 yards or so away. Someplace like a Super Walmart is similar.

I was going to the range tomorrow anyway. I usually shoot at ten yards and in. I'll probably start at 15 yards and work my way out.

My prayers to the families.

Practice,get yourself into a good tactical course.
    You can only benefit from it,you never know you might be able to save a live or few.

Simong.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Simong View Post
    My prayers to the families.

Practice,get yourself into a good tactical course.
    You can only benefit from it,you never know you might be able to save a live or few.

Simong.
    The other factor is get a good tactical medical course, or at least a stop the bleed course. One thing I did not see in the aftermath of the shooting was anyone running up with a medical kit to aid the victims.

User Tag List