Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Multiple people shot at White Settlement, Texas church

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Just turned 72. An older friend of mine told me that his church might not consider him for their team as he is too old.
    Not unreasonable under many circumstances...judging by the mental and physical condition of most Americans. That said, if he's physically fit and mentally sound, (not to mention capable with his firearm), then it might warrant reconsideration. I keep myself fit...but I'm not as strong nor do I possess the same cardio I did years ago...and I still have a handful of years before I reach the age you're discussing.

If there's nothing to stop him from carrying in church, I see no major harm done, especially if he can let those on the team know so he doesn't get targeted in an incident.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Some of the best shooters at the Hobbs matches I got to are in or damn close to their 70s.

Site Supporter
    I agree that competency is the criterion. I have seen an older shooter or two start to have significant problems related to safety and following directions.

I wouldn't have anyone on a team with some kind of competency test. Let them carry on their own. If they are official, there need to be some standards.

One of our "greeters" is 70 or 71. Mentally sound, physically fit, and is a decent pistol shot. Businessman, staying active even into retirement and not wrecking his body with harsh physical labor for 40+ years plays a factor there.

There are other 60-70ish year old men in our church who are just not up to the task.

There are some 30, 40, and 50 year old men who aren't up for it either.

It just all depends on the person.

Has anyone carefully studied the video to see when and if Mr. Wilson decocked his Sig?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Has anyone carefully studied the video to see when and if Mr. Wilson decocked his Sig?
    Doesn't seem to have the requisite video quality to ascertain such, to me.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Doesn't seem to have the requisite video quality to ascertain such, to me.
    I couldn’t see it. Wasn’t trying to be critical, just curious given our past forum discussions on this topic.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Do we know for sure it wasn't a DAO or DAK?

Site Supporter
    I couldn’t see it. Wasn’t trying to be critical, just curious given our past forum discussions on this topic.
    Couldn't tell, but I don't know if it was a DAK, DAO, or TDA.

ETA: Jinx
    Last edited by SiriusBlunder; 01-01-2020 at 02:23 PM.

As TGS said the video quality doesn’t appear to be good enough to discern such, and I’ve looked at it on at least a 32” screen. There does seem to be what could be considered an administrative pause immediately after Mr. Wilson fires, in which he may have decocked. I imagine the only way to know for sure would be to ask Mr. Wilson.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

User Tag List