Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Multiple people shot at White Settlement, Texas church

Site Supporter

Multiple people shot at White Settlement, Texas church

https://www.wfaa.com/mobile/article/...0-3e9d792a016d

Developing situation. Subject with a shotgun shot multiple people, apparently the shooting was captured on the live stream of the church service. Shooter was taken out by an armed member of the congregation. Don’t know if it was a random person or part of a church security team. Details still developing
    Last edited by HCM; 12-29-2019 at 02:29 PM.

“Local media are reporting that a witness said the incident happened during communion, and that the gunman reportedly had a shotgun and was taken down by another armed church member.”

Reason 9383992 to carry wherever you can lawfully do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kyle Reese; 12-29-2019 at 02:34 PM.

Site Supporter
    Was this church a gun free zone? How in the hell do we have a congregation of unarmed people, in what I consider a higher threat environment.

Why is the shooter still breathing? Why are Americans asleep at the wheel?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    Was this church a gun free zone? How in the hell do we have a congregation of unarmed people, in what I consider a higher threat environment.

The reports are saying the the gunman was taken out by an armed member of the congregation. Since in these situations the bad guys get a vote and have the element of surprise people will more than likely be shot before someone can effectively respond. Reaction time is a thing.
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 12-29-2019 at 03:11 PM.

Site Supporter

The report linked says the shooter was taken down by an armed church member, and also stated the critically wounded transported to the hospital did not include the shooter.

I don’t want to make an assumption, but that does not read to me that it was a gun-free zone, nor that the shooter is likely still available for prosecution.

Site Supporter
    TX churches are not gun free unless specific conforming signage is posted. Many of them in TX have security teams. I have a good friend involved in such. One problem is getting the 'security team' up to some standards and train. Not that I discourage carry.

Didn't click the link did ya?

Site Supporter
    CNN said the defender was a retired Federal agent. However, too early to know for real.

The 48 hour rule is in effect- most of what we'll hear and read in the next two days will be either incomplete, over exaggerated, under detailed, or just plain made up.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

There is video of the shooting online. The shooter gets off 3 rounds with his shotgun before he is dropped hard (about 4-6 seconds between him initially producing the weapon and pointing it at someone and him being dropped). Many people were carrying handguns but the fight was over before most of them could produce a weapon.
    Last edited by Eyesquared; 12-29-2019 at 03:42 PM.

User Tag List