Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Ruger 5.7x28 Pistol?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Sure, but why plink with a 5.7, an expensive round that duplicates the performance of cheaper 22 mag ?

The P90 is a fun gun to shoot but 5.7 is more expensive than 9mm.
    You are comparing 22 Magnum Rifle Ballistics with 5.7 Pistol ballistics.

My KelTec PMR 30 Pistol in 22 Magnum gives velocities equivalent to 22 LR fired from a Rifle. An cheap FN 5.7 it is not.

As a lifetime "heavy for caliber" type guy, it isn't my thing but I'm also a "my parents are getting old" type guy.
    My Mom is in her 80's and a lot of guns she could use/handle in her 70's are a no go.
    I see large capacity, low recoil, easy to use handguns in that light now. Much better than no gun.
    Good for Ruger and I hope they sell big time.

If that Gold Dot is reliable in a P90 my "family carbine" will get stoked with 50 of them.
    I keep a P90 topped with a Trijicon SRO accessible to my wife and 17 year old son as their "go to" HD firearm.
    While both of them are better than average shooters with pistols and AR's neither of them are really enthusiasts.
    They can both run the P90 like a boss, even after not handling it for months.
    Myself, I'll probably reach past the P90 and go straight for a M4 (of either the Benelli 12ga or FN 5.56 variety) but that damn little P90 is the shit for handing off to a "part timer".

C'mon Ruger, sell a million of these things!
    I like where this is going as far as reviving ammo manufacturers interest in developing 5.7 loads for the civilian market.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    If they want to make this thing viable they need and optics ready version. It would give them something the FN 57 doesn’t have

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    If they want to make this thing viable they need and optics ready version. It would give them something the FN 57 doesn’t have
    ^^This^^
    A well designed RMR slide cut on a 5.7 handgun would be the shiznit for long range small critter shooting.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Based on the trend,

if, 30-06/308 = .45/.40

and, 7.62x39 = 9mm

does .556 = 5.7 ?

just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Alembic View Post
    Based on the trend,

if, 30-06/308 = .45/.40

and, 7.62x39 = 9mm

does .556 = 5.7 ?

just a thought.