Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jackrabbit Safari (no rabbits) but took some pics!

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    It is a really fun, comfortable shooter with the 185 and 200 grain SWCs pushed by Clays.
    I bet that’s right.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Great stuff as usual. I really need to get a flat top .45 convertible. I don't even own a single action at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

A .45 or 9mm convertible can make for hours of fun. I really like shooting my old uspsa loads through this one. It is my Goldilocks load. Just the right blend of weight and power.

4.3 grains of Clays with a 200 grain SWC is soft shooting in a gun like this and is accurate.

I have been toying with 185s a bit but need to put them on paper some more first. If they print nicely for the gun I may load a few ammo cans full in the future.

If I ever run across an inexpensive 9mm cylinder, I intend to grab it for my Taffin gun shown with my .45 here:

Having a 9mm cylinder for it would be pretty awesome for the times when I run out/low on .38 ammo.

Site Supporter
    That 357 looks like you were hunting Ridley Scott’s space Aliens. The ones with acid for blood

The Mandalorian and I were working..

It's complicated.

Site Supporter
    There used to be a Forrest Dervice nursery a little ways from here. My best friend's dad worked there. Once there was snow on the ground we broke out the 12 gauges, and the .22s and went hunting the wabbits that snacked on the saplings. My .22 was a Ruger single action. The rule was the cotton tails came home with us, and the jacks got left because they too tough and inedible. (Patrick Smith at Kifaru has changed my thinking on that.) The jacks were left to feed the raptors. I still remember shooting a jack with the gauge and leaving it. (Due to the nursery's mission we given a special dispensation to kill jacks and not eat them.) An hour later we found that rabbit in a tree, being eaten by a red tailed hawk.

Anyway, my favorite weekend breakfast was chicken fried wabbit, with pepper cream gravy, and pancakes. A little gravy got on the pancakes, no biggie. A little syrup on the bunny bits, no big deal.

I got my oldest daughter huntin bunnies and I wounded one with my new .22 suppressed SBR. Brat the First gave the bunny a head shot before I could finish the lecture on wounded game. She wanted to take chicken fried bunny bits to school to impress her friends...all my kids are rabbit eaters now, and with two golf courses in my patrol area, each with tons of rabbit I really want a wrist rocket or a high end pellet gun....

pat

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    That 357 looks like you were hunting Ridley Scott’s space Aliens. The ones with acid for blood
    I used to have a 150- Security-Six that looked like that. Wish I still had it.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

I've been on a couple walkabouts out in the desert since the snow started flying, and I have yet to see a single live jackrabbit this winter... Even in my usual honey-hole spots that always hold a few, I've not seen any at all. Starting to wonder if its a down year, or if I need to drive farther, and tromp farther into the boonies. I really want to pop a few rabbits with my 60-10.

User Tag List