Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Smith 340 PD

Quote Originally Posted by Pasanova View Post
    Sooo..I went and shot 5 rounds of 158 LHP +P out of a 340 today. No thanks!

I immediately bought a Kahr PM9. Had one years ago that I never should have sold.

Thanks to everyone that responded. I'm not the man that I used to be when it comes it light weight .38's.

Federal Gold Medal 148 Wadcutter.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    That's like your Uncle tossing you into the lake to teach you to swim.

That said, a PM9 is a good choice as well.
    I have one I pocket carried so long the right side was polished so smooth it was like gripping a wet bar of soap. I had to stipple it to make it useable again.

LOL! I guess it was like that Jody H.

I'm mandated to carry a 135 JHP+P gold dot. I could tell immediately that this gun wasn't going to work for me without a lot of work. I've had a PM9 before and shot it very well.

Sig P245

Quote Originally Posted by Pasanova View Post
    Sooo..I went and shot 5 rounds of 158 LHP +P out of a 340 today. No thanks!

I immediately bought a Kahr PM9. Had one years ago that I never should have sold.

Thanks to everyone that responded. I'm not the man that I used to be when it comes it light weight .38's.
    Decades ago I wanted a small size 45 pistol. I bought the Sig P245 thinking that would fit my needs. I took it to the range once, then sold it. The grip was too small for me to get a decent hold. Every time I shot the pistol I had to re-establish my grip. And that exasperated that hunk of back and forth piece of steel, otherwise known as the slide. Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

I am glad you re-connected with the Kahr PM9! Been there done that too.

I guess that I'm a glutton for punishment. I picked up a Smith 340 PD this afternoon. I couldn't resist. LOL It should arrive next week, along with a case of ammo.

User Tag List