View Poll Results: APX Target or Steyr L9-A2 MF

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Beretta APX Target

35 66.04%
  • Steyr L9A2 MF

18 33.96%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Which Hipster Gun would you buy? Beretta APX Target or Steyr L9 A2 MF?

Quote Originally Posted by TeflonDon View Post
    The APX is the better choice... Better than CZ P10c too...
    A new indoor shooting range opened up, our first in the county, and they have rentals. So I might be able to shoot the APX or P10c.

After reading the thread on Glock shootability and thinking about low bore-axis, I found this link below. I post it not to argue about bore-axis, but to talk the "alignment index" the author came up with. It seems to show how the strikers force your wrist to lock down.

Anywho, I am very happy with the Gen 5 Glocks and my groups at 25 yards.

https://www.guntweaks.com/pistol-bor...bore-axis.html

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    After reading the thread on Glock shootability and thinking about low bore-axis, I found this link below. I post it not to argue about bore-axis, but to talk the "alignment index" the author came up with. It seems to show how the strikers force your wrist to lock down.

https://www.guntweaks.com/pistol-bor...bore-axis.html

The same is true when I compare my trigger finger angle between my P-10F and P-09

The APX is the better choice... Better than CZ P10c too...
    Objectively or subjectively?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Objectively or subjectively?
    All the opinions in this thread and opinions about generally reliabile handguns are strictly subjective. I'm a CZ fan. I own their hammer fired handguns. Just do not think the P10c offers anything over others in the market or does anything better. It does have better aftermarket support, I'll give it that much, but you can still find pretty much everything you need for the APX. The APX is also well built and reliable, but has benefits over the P10 and is more affordable. This is just for me, but I shoot the APX better than my M&P 2.0, Glocks, XD's, and the P10c...
    Last edited by TeflonDon; 01-01-2020 at 02:06 PM.

All the opinions in this thread and opinions about generally reliabile handguns are strictly subjective. I'm a CZ fan. I own their hammer fired handguns. Just do not think the P10c offers anything over others in the market or does anything better. It does have better aftermarket support, I'll give it that much, but you can still find pretty much everything you need for the APX. The APX is also well built and reliable, but has benefits over the P10 and is more affordable. This is just for me, but I shoot the APX better than my M&P 2.0, Glocks, XD's, and the P10c...
    Fair enough. I'm beginning to get over the grip differences between my new P-10F (about 1300 rounds through it in the last month and a half) and the P-09 that I normally use for USPSA Production (5900 rounds since last May) and the P-01 that I carry.

In any case, I have a metric crapton of CZ magazines (both for the 75 variants and for the P-07/P-09/P-10) so the cost of switching over subjective or minor advantages is just too high.

Never shot an APX so I won't comment on it.
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 01-01-2020 at 05:32 PM.

Owning both,
    IMHO the APX is a better all around pistol.

After about 100 rounds out of each of them, I still like the APX more than the Steyr, but my first shots of both were a very different situation. The APX, my first three shots were in the 7 and 8 ring, then came in to the bull's eye. The Steyr L9 A2 was one ragged hole about 2" in diameter. The APX carry was all in the bull's eye, but that's a slightly different animal.

Not sure why the term hipster is used, but I would pick the APX for sure.

Steyr

I have a Steyr L9 which has been fantastic! I have had it for about 3 years. Never a failure in any way. I've shot probably about 3,000 rounds through it. Lots of hand loads (some mild, some hot) lots of factory ammo. It is very accurate, and once you put a Talon grip on it, wow perfection. The trigger is just under 4 lbs and has a short reset. The trapezoidal sights are actually excellent. You can aim with the tip if you require fine precision or the whole sight if you need general accuracy and speed. Most people that have tried it have really liked it! When you look inside you see the quality is far above most other manufacturers.

I bought it on sale for $375. Can't beat that.

P7m8 is the alpha hipster gun

User Tag List