Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How bad is this screw up?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Good thing you caught it, I’m always in fear of fucking up like this with Titegroup.
    I'm really digging CFE Pistol. Crazy easy to make power factor regardless of bullet weight. Runs cooler than faster powders like BE and TG which means most bullets hardly lead at all. Exception being the Brazos bullets I'm almost done with. They are cheap AF but I can't stop them from leading like crazy.

To be honest, for the price delta per thousand between coated and plated lead, I'm going back to plated. More forgiving of crimp tightness and you really need to screw up bad to get any leading at all.
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 12-28-2019 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Good thing you caught it, I’m always in fear of fucking up like this with Titegroup.
    Yeah, Titegroup's extreme density/lack of "fluffiness" is arguably it's biggest downside even considering the hot, dirty burn characteristics. You could double charge 9mm and not get close to overflowing the case. I bet you could triple charge or more a .45 and still be able to seat a bullet. With the advent of Sport Pistol, I kind of have to question whether it makes sense to use Titegroup at all anymore. When it was just N320 vs Titegroup, the price difference was significant. Sport Pistol being relatively cheap kind of nixes that.

User Tag List